What's new

Chemotype extraction

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
We pretty much know what kavalactones 234 & 5? do, but have any chemist (looking @Deleted User ) tried to figure out how to extract each one individually to a high purity level? That way each one can be tested on @Deleted User01 so that we can see the resulting effects? I would like to know more about each. Also are there any other lactones in kava that we know about but don't suspect any activity? If so why do we suspect activity in 1 & 6?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
There are syntheses available for kavalactones. There are fractional distillation methods but I'm not sure if anyone could get something approaching pure from kava root.

There are other kavalactones, the six "major" kavalactones make most of the plant's kavalactone content by weight.

I wouldn't say we know what any of the kavalactones do, really. We have ideas, but we also know they are synergistic (one alone might not be the same as all six at once) and we don't understand their mechanism of action.

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
If you need someone to 'test' your crazy extractions without all those pesky questions/complaints... hit me up ;p