What's new

Kava Poll Chewing The Root?!

Have you tried fresh root pieces? (please do elaborate in a reply, I wanna hear your thoughts)

• Yes! I love it as a main/alternative way to enjoy kava.

• Yes, but I didn't like it.

• Yes, but it didn't have much, if any effect

• No

• No, but I'm interested now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
So recently I've gotten back into kava again (never quite took a break, but slowed my consumption a great deal for a few months after becoming "crazy" about the stuff), and have been exploring more convenient methods of consuming it besides taking my aluball, bag of kava, spoon, and making sure there was places to wash it out and get water etc... and also seeking more practical uses for kava (reducing stress in life/at work vs. drinking to get krunk). I've tried instant, micro, traditional, kava kandy (very effective), extract (snagged some from GHK, and some useless stuff from kava.com) and now have ventured into vape juice (Noble Clouds Deep Awa, quite pleasant, but mild in effects and not long lasting), and now finally buying fresh root pieces and I'm sold! I don't know why more vendors don't sell them. This has quickly become my favorite way of consuming kava, convenient to chew, stuff in my cheek/lip, and it's a slow, consistent, and effective way to chill out, relax, and enjoy almost anything! I was wondering how popular the fresh root is, or how much you enjoy fresh pieces, and how do you choose to consume the fresh root (like chewing tobacco, just kinda gnawing on it...)?

TL;DR:
Hi, chewing on fresh root pieces is tha bomb diggity,
and is now my fav way to enjoy kava!
Sorry for the long rant, Bula!

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Did you get your root pieces from kava Kauai?
I've been wanting to get some. Every now and again I'll get a batch medium grind with some larger pieces in it and I'll take them out and chew on them while mixing up my kava. I could see a lot of people not enjoying all the root pieces all through their mouths, but I don't mind it.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So my answer to the poll is somewhere in the middle - I have taken some of the larger chunks from GHK bags and gnawed on them. I got a nice heady kick much like using a CO2 extract or concentrate. I liked it a lot and would do it more, but the size piece straight out of a medium grind bag is a rare find. Is there a supplier of just small roots that would work for this purpose?

Jerome

Kava Lover
Fresh root? As in, not dried out yet? Who sells that???

I've had dried moi root hairs and they were awesome. One of the best and most convenient ways to ingest kava in my opinion. I really wish a certain vendor who sells a variety of kava selections in hawaii would offer that as a product @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava ;) hint hint...

As I recall, I would chew them until all I had left was a ball of the makas. The softer part of the root would fall apart in my mouth. It was a VERY heady experience. It was also excellent for anxiety or stressful situations. I remember chewing up a big ball of root hairs while sitting on the roof of an old Nicaraguan long wooden ferry heading towards solentiname.

Nuka Hiva offered the root hairs maybe 10 years ago?? They came in a bag and it looked like a big birds nest.

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
I got mine from kava Kauai, they sell imported Vanuatu kava root pieces (not the hairs, these are like the thickness of an avg pencil, and about an inch long), idk if they're dried or not... and I really would like a variety to try as well, hint hint GHK... and to me chewing the root pieces, as far as flavor is concerned, is like the difference between eating a hamburger and drinking one....

Jerome

Kava Lover
I got mine from kava Kauai, they sell imported Vanuatu kava root pieces (not the hairs, these are like the thickness of an avg pencil, and about an inch long), idk if they're dried or not... and I really would like a variety to try as well, hint hint GHK... and to me chewing the root pieces, as far as flavor is concerned, is like the difference between eating a hamburger and drinking one....
I've had their root bundles. I much preferred the thinner hairs that I got from Hawaii. You could put a few in your mouth and chew it up easily. The sticks Realkava.com sells are a little harder to fit in your mouth.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Chewing on dried root chunks or holding powdered kava in your lip is good for a mellow, slow rollin' kava vibe.
Chewing up actual fresh, undried roots, spitting 'em out into a ball and squeezing a traditional kava beverage out, is about the best kava can get, but fresh roots are rarely available online and when they are they're expensive.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Chewing on dried root chunks or holding powdered kava in your lip is good for a mellow, slow rollin' kava vibe.
Chewing up actual fresh, undried roots, spitting 'em out into a ball and squeezing a traditional kava beverage out, is about the best kava can get, but fresh roots are rarely available online and when they are they're expensive.
What's even harder is getting the village virgins to chew it up for you...