What's new

Co2 extract and tincture

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
So through my journey with kava I have discovered that I just might not have the capacity ( maybe gallbladder issues)to drink traditional even if it's only temporary and even though I love it the most. I am wondering if people have suggestions, the kava candies are ok but definitely don't give a KRUNK. The ROH C02 extract is 3/4 the way there and haven't tried ROH tincture. I wonder about the safety of these products since the liver scare seems to stem from extracts but idk if the was cheap wrongly made Chinese stuff or what.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The green kava is very easy on the stomach. A lot changes during the drying and storage process and not for the better. Before you give up on medium grind, I'd recommend trying some of the NZ Kava Society products. The peeled lateral roots made a big difference for me when it came to stomach irritation and dermo (almost eliminated). Besides that, CO2 extracts and tinctures aren't going to give you an experience like a prepared drink.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
The green kava is very easy on the stomach. A lot changes during the drying and storage process and not for the better. Before you give up on medium grind, I'd recommend trying some of the NZ Kava Society products. The peeled lateral roots made a big difference for me when it came to stomach irritation and dermo (almost eliminated). Besides that, CO2 extracts and tinctures aren't going to give you an experience like a prepared drink.
yes I will check that out when I feel like I'm done healing my stomach and do you know if Chris at gourmet Hawaiian kava peels his kava as well

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
yes I will check that out when I feel like I'm done healing my stomach and do you know if Chris at gourmet Hawaiian kava peels his kava as well
He doesn't peel the lateral roots but very few kava products contained peeled roots. Only the 5 Star grade kava, like Nambawan, Wow! and the realkava.com 5 Star. The NZ Kava Society peels all of theirs in an even more meticulous manor and I've found it to be very good for reducing the negative side effects. The only drawback for me is that they only source very heady kava and that doesn't always work for me since I enjoy and benefit greatly from a good balance of heady and heavy.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
He doesn't peel the lateral roots but very few kava products contained peeled roots. Only the 5 Star grade kava, like Nambawan, Wow! and the realkava.com 5 Star. The NZ Kava Society peels all of theirs in an even more meticulous manor and I've found it to be very good for reducing the negative side effects. The only drawback for me is that they only source very heady kava and that doesn't always work for me since I enjoy and benefit greatly from a good balance of heady and heavy.
As a side note - I am almost convinced that the peeling of the lateral roots help reduce the impact and severity of dermo. I have not tried any of the NZ kava as of yet - but the Forney stuff keeps the dermo away!

The Good Rev

Kava Curious
Oh, man... that international shipping is painful! When will someone invent teleportation?
I really would love to try those NZ Kava Society products

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
As a side note - I am almost convinced that the peeling of the lateral roots help reduce the impact and severity of dermo. I have not tried any of the NZ kava as of yet - but the Forney stuff keeps the dermo away!
Forney?

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I hope to god I can have those kavas one day again and I will take your advice.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I know what you mean. I had very severe/chronic dermo, switched to only drinking peeled lateral roots and the severity of my dermo symptoms improved a lot. They didn't go away and I still had flare ups in the dry winter months. I then switched to drinking only NZ kava for a few months and my dermo almost completely went away. It was awesome being able to drink as much kava as I needed daily and not have people think I had some sort of skin/health condition. No face or body flakes, hands and feet were moist and smooth. I also noticed my energy levels improved and had less next day brain fog. Recently I've been back to the usual popular vendors and the dermo is out of control and I'm back to regretting drinking too much kava the previous day. Oh yeah.. and taste. I've found it to be even more mild than the 5 Stars.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Note that all prices are in New Zealand dollars. So, for example, $30 NZD for shipping is actually just $18 USD. Likewise, a 2.2lbs of kava costing $175 NZD is actually $115 USD. $52USD per pound.
So does the New Zealand kava Society sell its own varieties of kavas grown in New Zealand?

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Our Co2 paste is quite nice and easy on the stomach. Might do ya right.
And this product is safe? Like there isn't more of a concentration of Flav-B? I'm just wondering because I would use your paste and from ROH as my daily replacement for drinking kava. I might also use ROH tincture then maybe next summer , try to drink kava every now and again, I don't think I can evrey day(I'm guessing my stomach will have stopped hurting by then)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Note that all prices are in New Zealand dollars. So, for example, $30 NZD for shipping is actually just $18 USD. Likewise, a 2.2lbs of kava costing $175 NZD is actually $115 USD. $52USD per pound.
Folks in the US should however be aware that their CC will likely assess a 2-3% fee for conversion - and doesn't always give a great conversion rate either. I have found it usually costs me another 4-5% when using my CC for non-US denominations. That said it is still not bad considering some US suppliers are upwards of $70/lb for good kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
And this product is safe? Like there isn't more of a concentration of Flav-B? I'm just wondering because I would use your paste and from ROH as my daily replacement for drinking kava. I might also use ROH tincture then maybe next summer , try to drink kava every now and again, I don't think I can evrey day(I'm guessing my stomach will have stopped hurting by then)
I have used BKH CO2 extracts for 3 years now without any problems. It's nice. For me it isn't a replacement for grog, just a really nice thing you can do with kava. A really really nice thing. And an essential ingredient in my CtFD (Calm Down) preparation, combining it with CBD infused coconut oil.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I have used BKH CO2 extracts for 3 years now without any problems. It's nice. For me it isn't a replacement for grog, just a really nice thing you can do with kava. A really really nice thing. And an essential ingredient in my CtFD (Calm Down) preparation, combining it with CBD infused coconut oil.
Thankyou very much!

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I also love the BKH paste. I find it great for long drives as it’s enough to calm the anxiety yet doesn’t knock me out in any way. It’s subtle but still noticeable, it fills the niche in between kava candy and actual grog nicely. I’ve used it on 12 hr+ long drives with great success. Only drawback for me has been the price since it’s a costly product to manufacture but it’s worth a try