What's new

Coldness/tense

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Does anyone have any ideas about how to get rid of that cold and tense feeling from certain kava? I have had some experience with cbd seeming to help. I had some cacao beans a couple times and they seemed to help but kinda is hit or miss.

I wonder if an herb with "warming" properties (ie red ginseng) or a relaxing one would help. I haven't looked into the neurochemistry of this phenomena but I am wondering, could it be the dopamine antagonism? Maybe vasodilation could help? It's not a huge issue but it does often make me feel uncomfortable and jittery. I notice the cold feeling almost always is accompanied by some level of anxiety. The coldness hits and then the anxiety sometimes creeps in shortly after.

El Guapo510

Kava Curious
Assuming this is from heady varieties? I'm not so experienced with them but have had a few anxiety episodes with Kava but I've deduced it to being my mind just effing with me.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I gst a feeling of being like straight up cold sometimes. It's like the discomfort of being cold but the physical sensation is cold too.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I gst a feeling of being like straight up cold sometimes. It's like the discomfort of being cold but the physical sensation is cold too.
You're not the only one. I straight FREEZE after drinking kava. I thought it was the temperature of the kava at first, but even room temperature kava makes me feel like the arctic just descended into my living room.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I experience the coldness all the time, unfortunately I do not have any herbal cures. If I get to cold and tense feeling I reside to my bed and relax in comfy blankets hahaha

MokiAwa

Kava Curious
The cold is definitely real! It seems to hit hardest after the first shell, and the. I don't notice it much the rest of the night (or I'm too krunked to care maybe). If I'm drinking grog at my desk I always have my heating pad ready.

If I'm going to go all out, all night, usually a Friday or a Saturday, I make a smoothie shot of ginger (my second favorite root), turmeric with curcumin, and lemon juice. This will burn and taste horrible to most folk. I suffer from migraines and the combo helps tremendously with that. We started doing this when I'm drinking to keep my stomach settled so I can simply consume more kava. It has a warming affect. Again... It BURNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.