What's new

Kava Preparation Combining medium grind with instant

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Speaking of Nambawan, I have 1/2lb and have been really wanting to try it but what do you guys think? I suffer from anxiety. I saw another member say that they would NOT recommend this for anxiety (or Stone or Wow, which I have to use, in my kava cupboard). Does it cause panic? Better for a weekend, day time kava? It sort of turned me off to these very widely talked about as being superior kavas. As we all know, they are exceptional in quality as the price reflects. I want to give them a try. What are your reviews of these particular kavas? Water to kava ratio? I don't want to make it too strong but I do want to feel the full effects of these kavas. Thanks!
Everybody is different. Sometimes kava causes anxiety for me. However, I found that Nambawan walked me right up to the threshold of anxiety, but then didn't cross it.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Everybody is different. Sometimes kava causes anxiety for me. However, I found that Nambawan walked me right up to the threshold of anxiety, but then didn't cross it.
What types would cause you anxiety then? I find that I like anything at work except some heavier Fijian Kava’s which can cause too much relaxation for work. Anyway, work aside, what would you do if you chugged a few shells of Nambawan? Go for a hike in the park? It doesn’t sound like a chilling out kind of kava!

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

It won't cause panic (unless you drink too much of it, which) it will cause pleasure. But it is not a heavy sedating kava as many who suffer from anxiety are looking for. It may be useful against anxiety because in general that's true of all kavas, but if anyone drinks Nambawan for anxiety I'm recommending low doses, if at all.But really, if there ever was a kava that is not really for medicinal purposes it would be nambawan.
Okay, so, if my anxiety level is fine, let’s say, would I drink Nambawan before a walk in the park? Or, just to enjoy the taste? Or is it more like a fun alcohol type feeling? Just wondering when to knead up a batch!

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I've never felt panic from kava but like all kava products, those 3 have changed over time. For me all 3 are great for anxiety. In my experience the difference currently between them is Nambawan: more uplifting, Wow!: more relaxing, Stone: most balanced and best for getting sleep afterwards. I wouldn't consider any of the 3 to be "daytime" kava. FWIW, I also prefer Nangol over Nambawan and Stone over Wow!, taking account this years batches.
Thank you! I have all of those, unopened, in my cupboard. I’d hate for it to go to waste so I must know the correct time to make certain kinds when I can’t find other peer reviews. :)

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Thank you! I have all of those, unopened, in my cupboard. I’d hate for it to go to waste so I must know the correct time to make certain kinds when I can’t find other peer reviews. :)
I would recommend trying them in the evening so it doesn't mess with your work. I can't drink kava during the day because they pretty much all eventually make me feel tired and unmotivated to do anything besides drink more kava. Stone and Wow have a decent amount of DHM which is sedating/relaxing and I don't think you would have any issue with panic if kava doesn't typically give you anxiety.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I don't think the 5 star is blended with instant. From the description on the site :

"Five star kava powder, a blend of both green dried lateral and basil root, this product is the highest quality powder we produce"

The term green dried lateral/basil root is referring to the freshness of the dried lateral/basil roots rather than dehydrated green kava juice. It's normally cleaned really well removing components that contribute to bad taste and are devoid of KLs so it's better tasting and stronger than other powders gram per gram.
Hi SelfBiasResistor - in the case of the Forney "5star" the blend does include what is usually referred to as instant. When i have been to the factory & spoken to them about ordering specific blends, they have to have fresh green roots coming in in order to make up the 5 star (most of the kava arrives pre-dried i was told). They always have mountains of dried kava waiting to be processed, and make the 5 star by processing fresh green kava onsite into instant powder and adding it to the mix with sundried at about 25%.
On the Klin pack labels it actually says "extracted with rainwater".

But youre right it could be clearer on their website - the term "green dried lateral" should be "prepared & dehydrated green laterals" for better clarity.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Hi SelfBiasResistor - in the case of the Forney "5star" the blend does include what is usually referred to as instant. When i have been to the factory & spoken to them about ordering specific blends, they have to have fresh green roots coming in in order to make up the 5 star (most of the kava arrives pre-dried i was told). They always have mountains of dried kava waiting to be processed, and make the 5 star by processing fresh green kava onsite into instant powder and adding it to the mix with sundried at about 25%.
On the Klin pack labels it actually says "extracted with rainwater".

But youre right it could be clearer on their website - the term "green dried lateral" should be "prepared & dehydrated green laterals" for better clarity.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That's very interesting. Sounds like some good industry innovation by one of the declared kava industry supervillains.

Although, I'm not too sure if that's the current source of high end blends like nambawan or wow. The last time I tried them they didn't have that same feel. Might have to give the realkava 5 star another try.

JohnPal716

Kava Curious
Okay, so, if my anxiety level is fine, let’s say, would I drink Nambawan before a walk in the park? Or, just to enjoy the taste? Or is it more like a fun alcohol type feeling? Just wondering when to knead up a batch!
Hey there!
The first time I tried Nambawan, despite heeding BKH’s warning about its strength, I still found myself in quite the K Hole. It was the closest thing I’ve experienced to drunk (or drunk-esque) since I stopped drinking in ‘08.
I’ve found Nambawan to be pretty consistently heavy despite strength. So now I use it to bump up other varieties at about a 1:4 ratio.
I’m pretty broke these days so I keep Nambawan on hand, and throw it in with the cheaper, less potent stuff.
I have anxiety, and while I wouldnt say it increases my anxiety, it def doesn’t reduce it much. But adding it into a less intense, more relaxing variety makes for a very pleasant, alert, happy evening.
As for going to the park- I couldn’t!
JP

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I feel moderately proud of being able to be both wrong and right at the same time. It's not something you want to do at home,though, kids. Leave it to people who do it all the time.
This is my constant state at home. I am right, my wife thinks I am wrong...therefore I must be wrong, despite being right. Hence, in order to keep peace my brain separates in two and is right and wrong at the same time. Life Pro Tips for staying married. No charge.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Hey there!
The first time I tried Nambawan, despite heeding BKH’s warning about its strength, I still found myself in quite the K Hole. It was the closest thing I’ve experienced to drunk (or drunk-esque) since I stopped drinking in ‘08.
I’ve found Nambawan to be pretty consistently heavy despite strength. So now I use it to bump up other varieties at about a 1:4 ratio.
I’m pretty broke these days so I keep Nambawan on hand, and throw it in with the cheaper, less potent stuff.
I have anxiety, and while I wouldnt say it increases my anxiety, it def doesn’t reduce it much. But adding it into a less intense, more relaxing variety makes for a very pleasant, alert, happy evening.
As for going to the park- I couldn’t!
JP
Thank you for chiming in and relieving my anxiety on trying Nambawan! ;) I will try it by itself first, of course, but now I know when I can try it. Then, I'll probably use the rest of the batch that I have by mixing with the ratio.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Oh, and in relation to the orginal topic, but not exactly, every night, about an hour before bed, I mix Yogi bedtime caramel tea (it has to be this one, as it has L-theanine in it) with a heaping 1/2tsp of mirconized KWK Vula Waka and a half cup of prepped medium grind Vinaka Waka for the best sleep aid ever! This has consistently put me to sleep for the past month. I definitely see the benefits to mixing medium grind with instant or micro kava.

JohnPal716

Kava Curious
Oh, and in relation to the orginal topic, but not exactly, every night, about an hour before bed, I mix Yogi bedtime caramel tea (it has to be this one, as it has L-theanine in it) with a heaping 1/2tsp of mirconized KWK Vula Waka and a half cup of prepped medium grind Vinaka Waka for the best sleep aid ever! This has consistently put me to sleep for the past month. I definitely see the benefits to mixing medium grind with instant or micro kava.
That sounds like a good night of shuteye to me.
And that caramel tea, tho...