Change background image

Coming back to kava - Need suggestions!

Discussion in 'I want a heady, sedating or a heavy kava.' started by Wanderlywagon, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Wanderlywagon

Wanderlywagon Member

It's been a couple of years since I consumed kava. I was a always a bit on the hard headed side, so I like potent strains that are on the heavy side.
    Anyway, it looks like prices have close to doubled since I last bought!

I came across a cheap micro, or what appears to be a micro, though oddly they suggest straining it also?! Anyone know anything about this product/vendor?
    https://www.purekava.com/product-page/premium-fijian-waka-kava

Can I get some suggestions for the best bang for buck kavas out there at the moment. Thanks!
  2. AlohaAimee

AlohaAimee Member

Pure Kava isn't a company I ever see suggested on here, so if it we're me, I'd avoid. Kalm With Kava is a trustworthy, widely available kava that is great quality and their site is really informative on the different varieties they carry. I'd suggest starting with them! They have great micronized varieties.
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  3. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Squanch and Fiji Fresh are good. Try the Nabawan from Bula Kava House if you wish you get knocked on your tush.
    HeadHodge likes this.
  4. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

I'll second all the suggestions above 100%, and also recommend Kavafied, Kava Time, Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Kava Vinaka and Cactus Kava.
    BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC likes this.
  5. Kojo Douglas

Kojo Douglas Kava Enthusiast

Kava Vinaka is my current favorite, and Nakamal at Home a good back up. If I was rich, I'd buy out whatever The Kava Roots is selling at any given time :D
  6. fait

fait Position 5 Hard Support

I was just looking at their website. Any particular recommends from them?
  7. Kojo Douglas

I am perfectly content with either the Waka or Chief's Choice. Both are very strong. The Waka is a bit stronger, with the Chief's being a bit more euphoric. The Lawena is just decent. :D
  8. readyman

readyman Member

hi which one of the kavas you drink would be most euphoric one im thinking possibly solomons from nakalahome thanks
  9. Kojo Douglas

Solomons from Nakamal @ Home is DEFINITELY euphoric. It's the most psychedelic of all the Kavas :D
  10. Wanderlywagon

Wanderlywagon Member

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Cactus appear to be the cheapest vendor, especially when you factor in the 10% off for new orders. But pound for pound (dollar for dollar) will their root go as other suppliers? I'm a tight budget at the moment and looking for get max bang for the buck. I like kavas that are on the heavy side, that aren't completely lacking in heady effect also. I guess on the heavy side of balanced, if that makes sense!
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  11. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

You know I was a little skeptical of those guys, but it was really good kava! Super strong.
  12. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Cactus kava is quality root....it is weaker though if you're needing a stronger and heavier kava. Squanch is a stable strong brand.
    Wanderlywagon likes this.