Change background image

Concentrate

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Irish88, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Irish88

Irish88 Member

I am starting my first attempt with Kava in the next couple days and I thought about starting with the concentrate. I've read through some of the threads about the concentrate and I am starting to lose my enthusiasm. Does anyone have any tips so I can have an enjoyable experience? I've read that I should drink it on an empty stomach. Is 2 tablespoons the right amount?
  2. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

Welcome! Which concentrate were you thinking of using?
  3. Irish88

Irish88 Member

I guess I should have waited until I got the Sample Pack from KWK because I'm not sure which one they are sending. I think they send the Kavarite and Guava. I was planning on mixing it with iced tea unless this isn't the best way to mix. I'm not expecting it to taste great but I would like a better effect. Is there a more effective way of making a drink from the concentrate?
  4. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

Well good news, if you got the concentrate drink from KWK, you should be set up well. Extracts usually lack a bit of lower end sedative power, his doesn't. It'll put you out quickly.

My wife swears by the concentrate drinks because she absolutely can't stand the taste of traditional kava. She loves kava, but can't handle that wonderful taste bouquet of our anesthetic mud water.

She usually pours about 2-3 oz of kwk concentrate in a 12oz glass, and fills the rest of it up with water.
  5. Irish88

Irish88 Member

That seems easy enough. Thanks for sharing
  6. Blue Roads

Blue Roads Kava Enthusiast

I got all 3 from KWK and am really liking it. Great taste and smooth effects. I like the Guava best.
  7. readyman

readyman Member

has your wife tried any of kavatimes flavored kavas my wife will not touch regular kava but will drink kavatimes flavored just a thought
  8. Edward

Edward Aluballin' in the UK Kava Vendor

I'm sure anything from KWK is going to be great but I can't help but think that you should get used to root powder first and then maybe branch out to other forms. I know these days it's all good from quality vendors like KWK but still the root is the best way closely followed by instant.
  9. bogmonkey

bogmonkey Member

I just ordered a Guava...first time trying a concentrate. I am one of the few who actually enjoys the taste of kava, but I like to mix things up - and the concentrate seems like it would be awesome in certain situations