What's new

concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
what form a kava is in the concentrate? by far the concentrate is my favorite kava as far as effects go, although maybe this is because of the other ingredients in the concentrate as well. is the form of kava in the concentrate available as a micro or instant?

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I think you're confusing concentrate with extract. An extract is just pure kavalactones, while the KWK concentrate is the syrup you make the KWK drink from.

But it's great :) I use it as a chaser to regular kava. It helps neutralize the taste quite well.

Edit: After re-reading your post, maybe I didn't understand what you said, haha

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Just like the concentrated fruit juices and such, I would think concentrate is just some orange flavored kava drink that has been boiled down to a .... welll ... a concentrate. But it would be interesting to hear about Mike's processes (@Kalm with Kava ). For example, does he use instant kava to make the drink and then the concentrate. He has to be doing something to get rid of the taste and starting with instant kava would do the trick. Which reminds me, Whole Foods is supposed to be carrying that Taki Kava think which was unveiled at the show. It would be cool if you could get Mike's drink there too. Just grab a bottle of that, a cup with ice,a sambwich, a table facing outside, and watch the river flow .... Drink the Kava first of course.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I like the effects a lot too. Its really the only Kava I know of that doesn't make me tired at all. Like not even a little bit.

Dth4lf

I recently picked up some of the concentrate with the intention of bringing it on an upcoming vacation. Figured it might be a nice way to introduce my gf to Kava... I ended up breaking it out a little bit early. Mixed 2oz. of the concentrate with raspberry and lime seltzer water on ice.

It went over really well with my girl. Tastes as good as it sounds, very tropical.

winder

Kava Curious
Finally trying the concentrate I got with my KWK sampler not long ago...didn't realize it was made with an artificial sweetener (sucralose) until I took my first swig...I liked the fruitiness but ugh, man, that overly sweet artificial end note just kills the taste bad for me, unfortunately.

If there was a version of the concentrate made with real sugar I'd order it again, but I think I'll have to pass since I don't like artificial sweeteners for their taste and side effects.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The Op is asking what kava CULTIVAR is used to make the drink, as he would i assume like to aquire that Cultivar in medium micro or instant so he could recreate the effects with traditional kava :).... @stlcty right?

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Initially it started out as a blend of our first Borogu and Borongoru.

The first Borogu we had was a surprisingly heavy strain and unfortunately no longer available as the farmers entire field was wiped out with the cyclone.

So.... now we use a blend of Loa Waka, Borongoru, and a little Pouni Ono for kick. It's much less heavy than previously. We've been considering coming out with 2 versions though a heady and heavy.

And @winder sucralose is being replaced for a natural sweetener very soon. [emoji1]

Last edited:

Gardenman

The first Borogu we had was a surprisingly heavy strain and unfortunately no longer available as the farmers entire field was wiped out wit h the cyclone.

So.... now we use a blend of Loa Waka, Borongoru, and a little Pouni Ono for kick. It's much less heavy than previously. We've been considering coming out with 2 versions though a heady and heavy.

And @winder sucralose is being replaced for a natural sweetener very soon. [emoji1]
I too would love to see it produced with a natural sweetener, not what you would call a health nut but not really a fan of artificial sweetners due to the aftertaste ( one reason I do not prefer sugar free cola's ) and could care less about calories. However I know that there are just as many who think just the opposite as well. Thanks, not trying to be a complainer as you have some of the best kava and products available.

Skitty

Kava Enthusiast

The first Borogu we had was a surprisingly heavy strain and unfortunately no longer available as the farmers entire field was wiped out with the cyclone.

The two versions is a good idea. I would love the heavy one. Is is possible you could replace the Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate with natural, organic preservatives?

TikiGonzo

Kava Curious

I just wanted to throw in that I love the idea of a heavy and heady option too.

hennabeing

Kava Curious
Finally trying the concentrate I got with my KWK sampler not long ago...didn't realize it was made with an artificial sweetener (sucralose) until I took my first swig...I liked the fruitiness but ugh, man, that overly sweet artificial end note just kills the taste bad for me, unfortunately.

If there was a version of the concentrate made with real sugar I'd order it again, but I think I'll have to pass since I don't like artificial sweeteners for their taste and side effects.
Thank you for bringing this up! I too was concerned plus I don't like the artificial coloring. It's a fantastic concentrate for the feels though, It was a bit too kool-aid for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.