What's new

Could Kava grow in Brazil?

Bwiggy

I like plants
http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mauisoil/b_andisol.aspx

What I know of volcanic soils (andisols) is based on my work in Rwanda. They are really easy to till, have great drainage, and have great nutrient profiles. I remember hearing that Kava thrives in lower elevations where it doesn't get cold often.
I think you should initiate a "humanitarian" effort to introduce "the drink of peace" to Brazil.
Probably northern Brazil.
Not for export.
For crops - and alternatives to drugs and alcohol.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have had this little voice in the back of my head for some time (aside from the other more dominant crazy voice :p) How can I give back to the kava community, beyond this forum. I have been entertaining the idea of crowdfunding a project for kava awareness, but the little voice hasn't given all the details just yet, until then, it's just a thought..

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Being native to that country, I'd say it is possible from the climate point of view (with the exception of southern Brazil). It will not likely solve the terrible and corrupt government we have in place. Brazilians have been dealing with corruption for many decades, only a complete overhaul of that system, may give them a fighting chance.
Growing up being more afraid of the police than the criminals, you sort of tend to loose faith in the government. I could go on and on about this, but it seems pointless quite frankly.
what about with the new government? My wife is a Mineira and I keep trying to think of things we could do to help her family generate solid income.