What's new

Cringe worthy Kava snafues.

GreatScotty

Kava Curious
So I was at my local coffee shop today and the two baristas there were telling me that they got Kava from the local coop. I asked them how they were preparing it and they said the put 10 Tb of the root into a blender with 12oz of water and then strained it with a paper towel. WTF was my first thought. Then to find out that the kava that they bought was known to be not Nobel. Oi vey! When I found this out I tried to educate them a little bit more and referred them the the forums. Luckily it seemed to not phase them and I think I they will be getting more kava from a known Nobel Kava proprietor.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
StarWest Botanicals kava no less! :sick: I’ve contacted their bulk herb guy in the past and he refuses to switch his kava source because it’s a “good seller.” I wish those guys would sell noble kava, because they sure would get my business when I’m running low!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
back in the early days I would use 4 TBS grind with 2/3 cup of liquid, leave a ton of sediment on the bottom of the glass, throw that out. And then chuck the makas after only the one tiny shell. S'ok, s'just wakacon, but still, it's the principal of the thing. All decent root is sacred.

It still haunts me to this day.....

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Hey if non-noble kava floats their boat then by all means. Starwest in particular may be unsafe though if it could contain aerial parts. It is odd that they would use a paper towel to strain it. Common sense would lead most people to come up with a better approach even without being given any other info. Socks, t-shirts, wire mesh strainers, or the classic muslin tea bag would all make a lot more sense.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
If you really wanna see some quality kava cringe entertainment look no further than the 1 star reviews of any kava on Amazon. Some of them are so weird or uninformed you'll think they're joke reviews.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If you really wanna see some quality kava cringe entertainment look no further than the 1 star reviews of any kava on Amazon. Some of them are so weird or uninformed you'll think they're joke reviews.
unfortunately I fear sometimes it can do real damage to a vendor, and very unfairly, ut gradually consumers are learning how to read reviews and tella useful or accurate one from one that is just venting.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
unfortunately I fear sometimes it can do real damage to a vendor, and very unfairly, ut gradually consumers are learning how to read reviews and tella useful or accurate one from one that is just venting.
I used to fear the same thing but you can definitely tell the educated one's apart from the nonsense, they seem to take it down a star overall at most. The only one's I have that fear of a bit more are the one's promoting the liver scare false info which is barely any of them though but they're around on there.