What's new

Current vendors w/ strong batches

ShredMN

Kava Curious
Been a few months since I’ve posted and I’ve recently been buying DNB Fijian waka off Amazon as in the past I’ve always had good experiences with the strength. That’s not the case recently, it’s been extremely weak and no matter how much I drink I can’t get the desired effect that was easily obtainable with DNB during the winter months. So I’m looking for a different vendor on amazon who people have had good experiences with lately.

@Krunkie McKrunkface

I’ve relied on your recommendations in the past and have always been pleased, so maybe you can enlighten me!

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Been a few months since I’ve posted and I’ve recently been buying DNB Fijian waka off Amazon as in the past I’ve always had good experiences with the strength. That’s not the case recently, it’s been extremely weak and no matter how much I drink I can’t get the desired effect that was easily obtainable with DNB during the winter months. So I’m looking for a different vendor on amazon who people have had good experiences with lately.

@Krunkie McKrunkface

I’ve relied on your recommendations in the past and have always been pleased, so maybe you can enlighten me!

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!
Best replacement I could think of would be Kavafied's Bati, that would be the closest. I think they sell that on Amazon. Yes they do, bit pricier as it is $54/lb vs $48/lb, and not on prime. There's not as much good kava to buy on Amazon as there was even 6 months or so. Back then you could get decent hand pounded Fijian for $34/lb. Oh well.

You might at some point try the Tikaram's kavas, but not from Amazon, rather order direct from their store in Hawaii on their website. Good prices and free shipping. Not top shelf but there are some good qualities to their Waka, Vanuatu, and their Tongan. Of course, the best bargians, outside of GHK's flash sales would be Canopy Botanicals. Again, just direct from their website, and you have to enter the search term kava on their page to bring it up. I highly recommend you start with the Vanuatu Noble Kava, excellent kava for any time of day drinking, from early morning to a heavy evening sesh, and at an excellent price. It is, however, distinctly a Vanuatu root, and not really a "replacement" for a distinctive Fijian waka like DnB, which is distinctive enough that there's nothing else really like it. Bati or Damu would come the closest, though, IMO.