What's new

?Dermo? painful creases between fingers

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
the past few days, in the creases between the fingers there has been pain and the skin has some small cracks.

i drink water, and consume only micronized from BKH, KWK, and GHK. i consume coconut oil every day and rub the body with a variation of carrier oils and essential oils.

and i only consume 2 rounded teaspoons per shell, and only four shells a day in two sessions.

any input welcome.

Buddy Love

so is the next best step to fast for a while?

and what do you personally apply to the affected area for healing? i have some Dragon's Blood liquid coming from Alphaomegalabs, which may be of good use for this.

it seems that doing anything else which may be diuretic may need to be paused.

i will go back and read teh thread by henry about kava allergy.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
There are several good threads about dermo. The take-away I got is: stop drinking kava (or risk trying to drink thru it... ...some people do that), stay very well hydrated, use amalyctin lotion when your skin is able to handle it (when it doesn't burn b/c of cracked skin etc), and maybe consume coconut oil.

...And since you have it, take it as a science project. Its definitely an intriguing disorder. Like sunburn from the inside.

Last edited:

Buddy Love

sunburn from the inside...=)

my intuition says to fast from kava, while reading and exploring possibilities.

and i just received a pound of 11 year waka (barely opened) , and half-pound of Mahakea. (still sealed)

getting ready to move in the next weeks, anybody want to buy some kava, so it's one less thing for me to think about moving and not losing?

there is also some GHK nene micro and instant. and two flavors of the sample bottles of the
KWK concentrate.
let me know.
bula.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
sunburn from the inside...=)

my intuition says to fast from kava, while reading and exploring possibilities.

and i just received a pound of 11 year waka (barely opened) , and half-pound of Mahakea. (still sealed)

getting ready to move in the next weeks, anybody want to buy some kava, so it's one less thing for me to think about moving and not losing?

bula.
I am always in the market for good root. Although you should probably hang on to it.

Buddy Love

just to clarify, these are micronized.

let me know, krunkie, adn we will make a deal. i can get more after i move. and you can add to your stash if you want micronized.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
just to clarify, these are micronized.

let me know, krunkie, adn we will make a deal. i can get more after i move. and you can add to your stash if you want micronized.
...seems like you should be able to resume drinking in 2-3 weeks. So unless you are planning to switch to medium grind (which also might help) or REALLY REALLY hate moving stuff... ...I mean, if it was me, it would be the same amount of hassle for me to mail the kava and then buy more in a few weeks than just to move the stuff...

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
When I had dermo on my face, arm pits and torso I only had to quit kava a few days and drink pedialyte. I did use the amalactin lotion which was ok. These days an emollient works better on my skin type. I could never stomach injesting the oils like you and others do. Tummy doesn’t like it and it didn’t help me anyways. Krunkie’s idea of consuming grog with lots of ice does help me as a preventative.

If I super hydrate, a sauna visit helps me. Not sure why. I slather on some emollient afterwards.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
When I had dermo on my face, arm pits and torso I only had to quit kava a few days and drink pedialyte. I did use the amalactin lotion which was ok. These days an emollient works better on my skin type. I could never stomach injesting the oils like you and others do. Tummy doesn’t like it and it didn’t help me anyways. Krunkie’s idea of consuming grog with lots of ice does help me as a preventative.

If I super hydrate, a sauna visit helps me. Not sure why. I slather on some emollient afterwards.
Cool. I've actually been meaning to ask if a sauna might help! I've noticed it seems to get 'worse' after cardio and wondered if sweating speeds up the process somehow.

FWIW, coconut oil tastes awesome on banana bread or stirred into rice. It works pretty well as a butter substitute, in my experience.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I think a hot sauna would work amazing because kava is so cold and dry.
I went in a dry sauna recently and it was horrible although I also recently had pneumonia then.

I get this alot and my hands look like very old man's hands and then I wash dishes for 6 hours once a week (today) and so it becomes even more dramatic after today. I also live in Buffalo so the cold dry air right now is doing even more damage.

One thing than can help extra is burdock root or dandelion root . Although they are considered drying or diuretic they are not as the root enough to aggravate and they help so much with getting the liver going and specifically burdock helps with balancing oils in the body. So when you drink it you can really feel everything move and your skin becomes more youthful again and much quicker than just waiting out the dermo. Which becomes worse within the first days of stopping kava. These herbs help with that alot.

2 handful's in to 16 Oz water boiled 20 to 40 minutes on stove . Add more water if it goes down to low

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

Got a bombilla yet? Remember, cheaper bombilla is better with kava.

Buddy Love

Krunkie, how does the bombilla help with the consumption of kava, to not get dermo? and do you find it keeps you from getting dermo with any form of kava? etc. i cannot drink cold of ice cold anything. so that is out of question.

and if i have stopped drinking the kava and only have tiny rash and drying skin, will the dermo get worse as mentioned by mrbinx69? the itching arm pits have calmed as have the cracks in between fingers. skin is feeling generally dry and the rash on torso is also less itchy

i have carrot seed oil, aloe gel, MCT coconut oil, neem oil, black cumin seed oil, brahmi oil, castor oil. has anyone been using any of those, if they don't have amlactin?
~~~~~~~~~~
speaking of sauna, if you cannot get to a public sauna, and don't have money to have a larger one at home. i use a heat lamp--HEAVY DUTY clamp light such as used for warming baby chicks--with a 250 watt infrared bulb (there are red or clear infrared bulbs).

it's not a full sauna, yet i can get feeling pretty toasty with it. the bulb and heavy duty clamp light cost was under $30. you can create a small enclosure use shiny silver, radiant barrier or radiant emergency blanket to hold the heat around where you are sitting, standing or lying down. create a little cocoon =) just keep the light bulb away from it.

i've also usedthis 250 watt light as an optional space heater when i need a bit of heat and it's only 250 watts, instead of other more expensive methods of heating. it's almost like hanging at the beach for a while. and it helps the body to absorb oils when doing self massage.

also the Near Infrared saunas are very easy to build yourself. and way more affordable. near infrared is supposedly better for us than the far infrared. not an expert. just a fellow adventurer. there are plans online for diy near infrared sauna.
peace love and kavalactones.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Usually I've heard people say that in more extreme cases but something you should be prepared for so you don't worry if it does.

Black seed oil is great! Never used it for dermo, but used black seeds for opiate withdrawls.