What's new

DFW, TX

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
Does anyone know if there is someone around Dallas/Denton area that sells root locally? I'd really like to buy some root face to face. It'd be nice to try to get a small kava circle going. I used to drink kava with my grandmother but I'm 4hrs away from her now and there's no way I'd ever get my wife to even try it. She thinks I'm crazy hanging out drinking bowls of mud.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I remember @sɥɐʞɐs one time recommending looking to see if there is a Samoan or Tongan church near you, which there might well be in a metro area as large as Dallas. You might be able to get kava there.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Yup, your best best is Tongan or Samoan churches...or if you have a little indo-fijian population, they usually start a market that will have kava at it.

First Tongan united Methodist
1010 S Main St, Euless, TX 76040
(817) 267-8832

tomorrow's sunday...they'll almost certainly have kava afterward.
i'm not sure how much luck you'd have trying to call, i just showed up to my local tongan kalapu and asked in person...after some foreign language banter and confused faces...I was buying a fat bag of good kava out of a dudes trunk.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Yup, your best best is Tongan or Samoan churches...or if you have a little indo-fijian population, they usually start a market that will have kava at it.

First Tongan united Methodist
1010 S Main St, Euless, TX 76040
(817) 267-8832

tomorrow's sunday...they'll almost certainly have kava afterward.
i'm not sure how much luck you'd have trying to call, i just showed up to my local tongan kalapu and asked in person...after some foreign language banter and confused faces...I was buying a fat bag of good kava out of a dudes trunk.
I am greatly appreciative for this post. I read it for the first time a couple of years ago, and just a couple of weeks ago ended up driving by that church. The whole neighborhood has a strong Tongan community, and I stopped by to ask about Kava sessions. Apparently they do them just about every evening. Haven't made it to one yet though.