Change background image

KAVA PRESS ALERT Disinformation online

Discussion in 'Kava Watchdog List' started by Ena Barry, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Ena Barry

Ena Barry Member

I am still new to kava. Came across this video while just browsing youtube. So there is still such disinformation online? NEVER take kava alone? Take kava with ..... Phenibut? Take this supplement (he presents that as the best kava supplement available)? Is anything at all true about kava in this video?
  2. Krunʞy

Krunʞy Somewhere else Admin

The only thing I see being true in that video is the history of kava, he got that part right. I couldn't even finish the video to be honest because it's such a load of shit. I'm sure somebody can explain it more eloquently but it certainly should never be mixed with phenibut, phenibut in itself is bad in my opinion. Seems like a typical scam of somebody trying to capitalize on something that is not broken.
  3. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

It's a steaming, bubbly, fermented load of shit.
  4. NAMBATU

NAMBATU Kava Enthusiast

Don't take liquid kava? What a dumbass. Can we make a warning page about this guy?

Edit: I found this.
    Mrbinx69 likes this.
  5. recentreturn

recentreturn Kava Enthusiast

Yeah great advice... Always mix your drugs together. Never drink kava alone; too scary. But don't worry, he found a mixture that has been used for FOURTEEN WHOLE YEARS!!! So much better tested than doing something crazy and dangerous like using kava BY ITSELF or mixed with water (which is a liquid, so certainly toxic). [all the above is sarcastic]
  6. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

He calls it "Kava kava" throughout the entire video. Game over. This is the first indicator that the person speaking is either reading from a script, or has very basic if any knowledge of kava at all.

A few other things I noticed:

The "Benefits of kava" slide is factual. Also he is right, it is non-addictive. He's wrong about the kidney and liver issues. He's also wrong about increasing dosage when taken alone.

Recommends not drinking the dry powdered root, to which I raise my middle finger, and then completely misses the point of a water extraction. Classic.

Recommends against the "liquid form" of kava without really going into any detail of what exactly is "liquid form". States that you have to take this "liquid form" right away or it will degrade.

Claims most products sit on the shelf for months if not years. Another untrue statement.

Uses the analogy of eating different green foods to back up his position of taking "other" supplements along with kava to "negate" the side effects. Faulty logic.

SUGGESTS MIXING WITH PHENIBUT AND CLAIMS NO SIDE EFFECTS full stop

That tells me everything I need to know about what this person thinks they know about kava. They know absolutely nothing. The advice given here isn't worth the distance you can throw it. Festering pile of a video.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  7. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

I mean, I guess you could mix it with phenibut if you want to sleep for two days. What an idiot. Sounds like the type that would drink a poppy seed slurry and load up on some other CNS depressants for good measure. Perhaps he’s perfecting his method to eventually exit this world like a rock star.
    WaltonGroggins likes this.
  8. recentreturn

recentreturn Kava Enthusiast

"...of course when I tell people these things they think 'Oh my gosh, I gotta be taking all these different products; I gotta be taking 20 or 30 different pills a day; there's no way I'm gonna follow it; this is too much; its not gonna work for me and its gonna be way way too expensive," and you're right; and the benefit, the good thing, is that there are a couple products out there that actually combine these key ingredients at the right dose and one of them that I recommend that I know about that works great is called..."
    That's the tell. The misinformation is intentional. I highly doubt he's a medical doctor.
  9. PapaMoi

PapaMoi Kava Enthusiast

"Kava kava". Lol.
    That always cracks me up when I hear it.