What's new

Dislike vivid dream

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Since about a month I've raised my daily intake and start experiencing vivid dream first time in my life.
It is not fun for me. Sometime I grab an object in my dream at the same time as I'm aware my hand stand in the void close to my wife. I dont't like that feeling. Also, the dreams are like extention of my real life, no fantasy or unknown environment.
I'm wondering what are your experience with this.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Since about a month I've raised my daily intake and start experiencing vivid dream first time in my life.
It is not fun for me. Sometime I grab an object in my dream at the same time as I'm aware my hand stand in the void close to my wife. I dont't like that feeling. Also, the dreams are like extention of my real life, no fantasy or unknown environment.
I think this is common is kava. I don't personally notice a difference in the dreams aside from finding that bad dreams are less disturbing. This does happen to me with mj though! Both of these plants are psychoactive so likely this is the reason. I'm unsure what the solution would be. Perhaps you can change the timing of your kava sessions?

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I guess so. This experience is yo inatented and weird. I hope I'll use to it as other users on this forum seems to like this very much.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I guess so. This experience is yo inatented and weird. I hope I'll use to it as other users on this forum seems to like this very much.
I'm curious to hear how this goes for you. Let me know of any updates. I wonder if it'll get better with time or will just continue to be an issue for you. Does this happen with every strain?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I used to get that when I was still drinking alcohol sometimes as well as kava ( a long time ago, now), but when I stopped drinking alcohol the kava nightmares stopped for me. Est-ce que c'est vraiment que tu fasses des cauchemars? Ou bien simplement quelque chose de tres inquiétante?

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
I've seen states that certain kavalactones can act as norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. A lot of people also report sensitivity to kava to the point of having insomnia if taken too close to bed, so I wonder if the extra norepinephrine might be keeping you more alert even while asleep, keeping you practically stuck in REM sleep rather than being able to correctly traverse the sleep cycles.

In my experience the norepinephrine-ish experience seems to be one and the same with the kavain rush, and then a couple hours later it fades out and the more sedating effect come on. It might be prudent to try having your last shell 3-4 hours before bed.