What's new

Diuretic reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Is there any way to reverse kavas diuretic effect? I know o can drink less water but i think i am urinating too much and it's giving me issues interrupting my sleep and also dehydration despite drinking extra water. Im doubtful there's much of a solution but im just curious if there is any lifestyle routine or supplement that can fight the diuretic effect.

violet

Do all things with love
Make sure you are getting enough natural salt from a good source (i.e. not chemically stripped sodium chloride or with contaminants). Use something like Real Salt, Himalayan, Celtic, etc.

Proper sodium levels help the body hold on to all the electrolytes. With diuresis you are not only throwing fluid but also minerals/electrolytes, which is more definitive of dehydration than fluid. If you are losing and replacing water but not increasing sodium, trying to maintain hydration by consuming more water further dilutes the system.

tarragon

Kava Curious
Is there any way to reverse kavas diuretic effect? I know o can drink less water but i think i am urinating too much and it's giving me issues interrupting my sleep and also dehydration despite drinking extra water. Im doubtful there's much of a solution but im just curious if there is any lifestyle routine or supplement that can fight the diuretic effect.
Including more fiber in your diet may with this. Legumes are good for this, beans, lentils and such. If you enjoy hummus, that's a good yummy way to get fiber and its very easy to make. There is a powder called Acacia fiber that is a quick way to get extra fiber. When you start adding more fiber, some say to do so gradually to give your body an adjustment period, but I just dove right into it with no problems

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
ice. I solved the problem by putting 3 ice cubes in every shell. I rarely ever do the zombie walk 3 am tinkle, nor, obviously, do I suffer from dehydration. Also I usually finish my shelling well before bed. Usually.

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
ice. I solved the problem by putting 3 ice cubes in every shell. I rarely ever do the zombie walk 3 am tinkle, nor, obviously, do I suffer from dehydration. Also I usually finish my shelling well before bed. Usually.
What is it about the ice you think does the trick?

tarragon

Kava Curious
Another thing you can do is to "eat" your water by eating lots of vegetables and some fruits. You will still want to drink some water, of course, but you will not need to drink as much. If salt is an issue, the most beneficial way to get it is with miso. For some reason the miso does not contribute to hypertension as much as other forms of salt. It is also delicious with your vegetables and in your hummus! Is it possible you may have sleep apnea? Have you been tested for it? In sleep apnea the airway gets blocked, the person stops breathing and comes partially awake. A person with severe sleep apnea can wake up 80 times an hour throughout the night and not even know it. One of the major symptoms of sleep apnea is frequent night pees. As you can imagine, the body can get very stressed out by not breathing and waking up all night. When the body is stressed out it puts urine production into hyperdrive, not sure why, but it does. If you think you might have this, try to go and get tested and get on a c-pap machine as soon as possible. You would have to learn to sleep with a machine, but it could radically improve your life.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I don't think i have sleep apnea. The main problem at night is not being able to sleep because i have the sensation of having to piss a lot. The sensation plays off of pre-existing insomnia issues. I can get to where im going 8 times in an evening. It's odd too because kava doesn't make me pee all that much during the day. I go maybe once or twice when it kicks in at most but night time sessions are larger and can have me pissing like crazy. Then i don't want to drink more so i can fall asleep without that feeling and i wake up feeling dried out.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Raspberry leaf is a good astringent for the urinary tract. It will help hold the area tighter.
Salt agreed 100% and make sure your getting your magnesium and potassium as well.
Also thicker shells less diuretic effect... it's just how it is for some reason with kava.
As much as I say all this I still get dried out a lot and feel my electrolytes are out of sync from abnormal amounts of diuretic effect. I don't wake up to pee and don't really pee a lot but I feel what you mean and realized to that I'm drinking 2 diuretics a day if I have coffee and tea which I almost always do. Some be careful mixing diuretics

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I don't think i have sleep apnea. The main problem at night is not being able to sleep because i have the sensation of having to piss a lot. The sensation plays off of pre-existing insomnia issues. I can get to where im going 8 times in an evening. It's odd too because kava doesn't make me pee all that much during the day. I go maybe once or twice when it kicks in at most but night time sessions are larger and can have me pissing like crazy. Then i don't want to drink more so i can fall asleep without that feeling and i wake up feeling dried out.
Have you ruled out any other potential causes, such as bladder, kidneys or prostate? Your symptoms could be merely annoying or they could indicate something that requires attention sooner than later.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah but its not an issue when I'm not drinking. kava. I had a similar problem with alcohol when I used to drink.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I have some schisandra on hand actually. I used to take it all the time but stopped because I have heard it inhibits liver enzymes like kava. I have also heard it's liver protective though.

I didn't know it could help with retention though. How many should I eat for that?

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
For the potassium end of things, you can get lots of this from melons and avocado. That would cover both fiber and potassium. if you make yourself some guacamole, then you would have salt added in as well. Occasionally the peeing keeps me up all night too. It's a P.I.T.A (Pain in the you know where.)

skip L

Kava Curious
I have the same issue....i water my kava down a LOT and drink QUITE a bit in an evening/day. It's just part of your body flushing the extra water out that it can't absorb

Status
Not open for further replies.