What's new

Do strainer bags make this big of a impact? Wow.

Kelmitchell

Kava Curious
So I got a strainer bag in the mail from amazon the kavafied one. And just used it with the same amount as I was using with the cheese cloth and man its way stronger. 1 dose has got me going. I was way more murky then the cheese cloth. And less stuff at the bottom of the bowl when I poured it in the pitcher. Easier to clean man I can go on and on. If you dont have one you NEED one.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
So I got a strainer bag in the mail from amazon the kavafied one. And just used it with the same amount as I was using with the cheese cloth and man its way stronger. 1 dose has got me going. I was way more murky then the cheese cloth. And less stuff at the bottom of the bowl when I poured it in the pitcher. Easier to clean man I can go on and on. If you dont have one you NEED one.
I use both of the Kavafied strainer bags: the smaller one is 75 microns and the professional (large with plastic top ring) one is 100 microns. It depends on which kava I am kneading up but I use both very often! Agreed: must have them on hand. Bula! :)

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
My first months of using kava, I legit used a bandana like a dummy. One day the thing burst while I was kneading it and sprayed up the wall and onto the ceiling and in my eyes. FYI, kava in your eyes doesn’t hurt for some reason, maybe because of the numbing, but I’m still sure it’s probably not a good thing. Anyways, now I use 75 micron nutmilk bags from amazon which are inexpensive and can withstand the wrath of my hulk lady hands. ;-)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I have had the same strainer bag for well over a year. I wash it with a bit of dishsoap and hang to dry on the dishrack daily and it holds up really well. A bit yellow and stiffer then when I first got it but still in great shape.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have had the same strainer bag for well over a year. I wash it with a bit of dishsoap and hang to dry on the dishrack daily and it holds up really well. A bit yellow and stiffer then when I first got it but still in great shape.
Same here. I have a few from Bula Kava House that I purchased and have lasted a while.

Okay, a while turns out to be a little longer than I thought.

I bought 3 strainer bags on Nov 13, 2015. I'm still on the same set. BKH strainers are the real deal.