What's new

Do you add something like milk?

mlenny

Kava Curious
I always add a fat source to the water I'm using because it supposedly increases the KL extraction. Anybody else?

Thank you,
Matthew

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I always add milk. If I don't and then I have some fat a bit later it potentiates it, sometimes uncomfortably. So why not just add some fat straight away and get the most out of your kava as you drink it? Milk is the only thing I have found to work reliably. I use about a quarter of my liquid as milk.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
used to in the old days, because it seemed to work well for a lot of peeps. But after all the variations I've tried--hot water, blender, fats, lethicin, etc etc--I keep coming back to plain old cold water. I never noticed an uptick in effects with pizza or fried foods either. No doubt it works for some, but think for me it was placebo effect.

mlenny

Kava Curious
I always add milk. If I don't and then I have some fat a bit later it potentiates it, sometimes uncomfortably. So why not just add some fat straight away and get the most out of your kava as you drink it? Milk is the only thing I have found to work reliably. I use about a quarter of my liquid as milk.
Right, it seems to me like the smart way to do it.

Thanks,
Matthew

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Right, it seems to me like the smart way to do it.

Thanks,
Matthew
I drank kava with plain water one night then in the morning I was driving my truck on the motorway, drank some milk and got a huge kava buzz! That's what I want to avoid. I saw someone on hear say they drank 6 tbsps of Stone on an empty stomach then went out and ate some gnarly fatty fish dish and got a massive rush and ended up throwing up. It just makes more sense to me to get all of the rush you're going to get at the time you drink it, you can judge it better and calibrate for your own needs.

Blergs

Kava Curious
I usually put a little soy milk in the blender with water. Probably like 20% soy milk for first wash and blend on high for 3-4min. Then just water for second wash in blender and into the nutmilk bag for the second time.
I also like to have a few pieces of fruit as I drink it, and sometimes a cup of soy milk.

mlenny

Kava Curious
I drank kava with plain water one night then in the morning I was driving my truck on the motorway, drank some milk and got a huge kava buzz! That's what I want to avoid. I saw someone on hear say they drank 6 tbsps of Stone on an empty stomach then went out and ate some gnarly fatty fish dish and got a massive rush and ended up throwing up. It just makes more sense to me to get all of the rush you're going to get at the time you drink it, you can judge it better and calibrate for your own needs.
Six?! That must have been really freaking intense.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
I always add a fat source to the water I'm using because it supposedly increases the KL extraction. Anybody else?

Thank you,
Matthew
Yes, I use a few tablespoons of flavored sugar free coffee creamer. Why coffee creamer? Because I generally don't go through enough dairy to go through normal dairy. It is one of the few food items that I use that contains preservatives. I usually eat fatty meat at the end of my sessions. Something like fatty ground beef or sausages, and the effects hit me extremely hard.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm sure it would be helpful but I find Stone strong enough with just water.
You're missing the point a bit. Check my quoted post above.

Edit: That wasn't meant to sound like I'm a dick, just emphasising my point!