What's new

do you find yourself constantly explaining what kava is to people

xander brown

Kava Curious
it seems like where i am, nobody that i've came across knows what kava is. everytime i have a glass of kava people are always asking what it is and i have to explain it. i live in florida though, but i still havn't met anybody else who drinks kava. the funniest is when i tell them it doesn't taste bad because it doesn't really taste that bad to me and they try it and spit it out or gag. haha, a couple of those time the kava i made tended to be a little thicker haha

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I always replace the K with J and tell them it's chilled. Or I'll tell them it's a protein shake. That's if I want them to go away. If I find someone who seems genuinely interested, I'll burn the time to explain and discuss. Especially since @kapmkrunk is now giving out kava referral bonus points for free kava. ;)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I always replace the K with J and tell them it's chilled. Or I'll tell them it's a protein shake. That's if I want them to go away. If I find someone who seems genuinely interested, I'll burn the time to explain and discuss. Especially since @kapmkrunk is now giving out kava referral bonus points for free kava. ;)
Ya, I tend to agree with Headgie on this one. If I find some one who is really interested, or who may need it because of alcohol, or drug issues, then I will spend the time to explain it. The thing is, though, I feel obligated to discuses Nobel Kavas, and what they are. S I find it takes me a good 15 minutes, to explain everything. I generally start with Kavas rich History, then go from there.

Now, @HeadHodge , going to need more info, on @Kapmkrunk hooking folks up with Free Kava bonus points. By the way, who the hell is KapmKrunk, anyways? LOL. Much Love Roaddog...

Grant Moore

Don't be in a hurry to go no where.
Yeah, but in doing so I usually end up with another kava buddy or helping someone who it could really help. So in my experience it's usually worth explaining it!

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
it seems like where i am, nobody that i've came across knows what kava is. everytime i have a glass of kava people are always asking what it is and i have to explain it. i live in florida though, but i still havn't met anybody else who drinks kava. the funniest is when i tell them it doesn't taste bad because it doesn't really taste that bad to me and they try it and spit it out or gag. haha, a couple of those time the kava i made tended to be a little thicker haha
I'm in FL also, in the tampa Bay Area. Pinellas county has at least 4 kava cafés if you're ever in the area.