What's new

Do you like micronized kava?

Do you like micronized kava?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User01

Hmm, I would prefer not the food color. Maybe some Cherry or Strawberry syrup. Maybe that syrup they use for Snow Cones. So you did root powder with Apple Juice huh? Try mixing the Grog with it and tell us which one tasted better. I have a feeling the powder will taster better but let us know. And compare color also.

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Still undecided here. Micronized costs a little more and takes slightly less time to prepare. Medium grinds also seem to bulldoze through whatever you're doing (like eating) and hit you hard for a longer period of time. I haven't noticed any reduction in dermopathy or anything. If we're talking about Chris's kavas, which I assume we are with micronized, his medium grinds are just as good with no side effects. As bob said, sometimes the micronized particles can get into your stomach; it's noticeable but not a deal-breaker. I guess it depends on one's budget. I like to have both around, micro for days where I need to yolo some kava at the last minute.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I made a to go micronized drink today with 1.5 teaspoons Pana Ewa micronized, apple juice and orange-mango juice. put it in an old Kalm Kava bottle and shook the hell out of it for a while then drank it over the course of 30 minutes or so. Not bad the juice almost covered the kava taste. It was strong enough for 1.5 teaspoons. I'm keeping this stuff around :)

D

Deleted User01

Tidyminion, now you gave me another idea. Just make a bunch of Kava Kocktails, pour them into those 16oz lock cap bottles, and have them ready on demand. And you can shake them when you lock the caps. No spoon needed. I think I'm going to make a few of those for my upcoming visit to the coast. Put a six pack of Kocktails in the ice chest. :cool:
"When will the madness end????" :jawdrop:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
That's also a great way to introduce other people to kava, something tasty and potent that looks like fruit juice. I know most people are afraid of my frothy, brown dishwater grog and are turned off to trying kava although I know it would do some people much better than say, regular intake of alcohol. This Pana Ewa is good daytime kava, although I'll admit to being a little sleepy an hour after drinking my kalmkava bottle full. Probably just not getting enough sleep lately though...that reminds me to mix up a strong nightcap of Nene tonight. This'll be a good test of the Nene nightcap since I'll have a busy day tomorrow and really need to sleep well tonight.

D

Deleted User01

Nene should do the trick. It did it for me last night. I just found a bottle of Torani Cherry Syrup in the Cabinet. My wife was gonna do snowcones and it never happened. I also got a great lead on something that mixologists use to make things red, Grenadine. It's made from Pomegrantes. The color thing is my project right now. All the recipes I have seen taste great but we need to fine tune the color. By the way, grape concentrate works perfect if you like "the color purple".

sentiententity

Kava Enthusiast
To answer the OP, I sure do like micronized. The only I've had is the stuff from GHK, which I understand is the good stuff. Its a lot easier to work with than regular root (I just toss n wash) and cheaper than instant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Here I am trying to be a kava purist and only drink kava powder kneaded through hard and patient labor, and you guys are trying to corrupt me with this fruity micronized mamby pamby drink with little umbrellas. Well, I refuse! I need to drink only harsh tasting kava straight down, like a man! And I don't wash the bowls between sessions! ::evilgeniusz::

D

Deleted User01

Arrwwwww. Arrwwwwww. Ye be making us walk the plank any minute now. By the way, I don't use umbrellas .... I use swizzle sticks. :hilarious:

D

Deleted User01

Hmm, you are not going to believe how delicious this Kava Chocolate Soda is. Two types of Kava. I think I'm finding my Chocolate Mojo Baby! But I'm a manly man, I only use a spoon to stir my drink. An old rusty spoon that only got washed once back in the 90s. Arrrrhhhhh! :mad:

D

Deleted User01

Too late, I posted it a long time ago and I finally put a picture to it last night. But you have to dig deep into the archives to find it. I think you're safe. One of these days when you are trying to get a lady friend to drink Kava, you will thank me. ;) Mine doesn't even drink booze so I have no chance. There is still hope for the rest of you. :smuggrin:

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I happened across a little extra mula recently so when this micronized OmpaMau came out I purchased it on a whim; but I'm glad I did because even though I love the tradition of kneading and straining med grind kava, there are so many opportunities opened up with micro. Especially when you're short on time and haven't prepared your grog to grab and go. ;)
My current daily usage is grog during the day and micro at night as a fun bonus but once I'm out of micro I'll be just as happy to purchase med grind again. :D