What's new

Dont know where to go from here

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
So my original purpose for using kava years ago was to help me with anxiety. It has helped me,and I still see great value in it.

However, I now feel that it isn't helping me do specifically what I need it to. I still struggle with panic disorder and agoraphobia and I really wanna make some great progress in overcoming it from here on out. I've been doing exposure therapy but I really need a helping hand. Beta blockers didnt help me unfortunately, and CBD seems really promising. Kava is great an all, but you have to be on an empty stomach when you do it, and it has to be a big enough batch, add in prep time, and cost, and it doesnt really seem the it would be the best option for me.

Maybe I'm just not using enough of it? Two full tablespoons of grog combined with squeezed makas and I still dont feel much. Do I actually have to take it every day?

There was a time when i was taking kava quite often, and even upon stopping for awhile, I actually felt really good still.

Doesn't kava do something to aid in the growth of GABA receptors? Maybe thats what was going on inside my body to explain that sort of relief.

I know that there is no such thing as a magic pill and thats really not what I'm expecting from any supplement or herb, I just REALLY need a helping hand because this exposure shit is so fucking hard!!!

i sandwiched myself between to cars at a red light the other night (an agoraphobes nightmare) and I could feel the hyperventilation setting in quickly. I need something that I can take that will help me experience just enough anxiety that its bearable so that I can get through the event and then duplicate the results over and over again until my brain has rewritten its neural pathways and formed new synapses
Do you guys think I'm just not using enough? And if thats the case, can I just use a shitload when I plan to do my exposure sessions so that in the long run I can get the most out of my money?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So my original purpose for using kava years ago was to help me with anxiety. It has helped me,and I still see great value in it.

However, I now feel that it isn't helping me do specifically what I need it to. I still struggle with panic disorder and agoraphobia and I really wanna make some great progress in overcoming it from here on out. I've been doing exposure therapy but I really need a helping hand. Beta blockers didnt help me unfortunately, and CBD seems really promising. Kava is great an all, but you have to be on an empty stomach when you do it, and it has to be a big enough batch, add in prep time, and cost, and it doesnt really seem the it would be the best option for me.

Maybe I'm just not using enough of it? Two full tablespoons of grog combined with squeezed makas and I still dont feel much. Do I actually have to take it every day?

There was a time when i was taking kava quite often, and even upon stopping for awhile, I actually felt really good still.

Doesn't kava do something to aid in the growth of GABA receptors? Maybe thats what was going on inside my body to explain that sort of relief.

I know that there is no such thing as a magic pill and thats really not what I'm expecting from any supplement or herb, I just REALLY need a helping hand because this exposure shit is so fucking hard!!!

i sandwiched myself between to cars at a red light the other night (an agoraphobes nightmare) and I could feel the hyperventilation setting in quickly. I need something that I can take that will help me experience just enough anxiety that its bearable so that I can get through the event and then duplicate the results over and over again until my brain has rewritten its neural pathways and formed new synapses
Do you guys think I'm just not using enough? And if thats the case, can I just use a shitload when I plan to do my exposure sessions so that in the long run I can get the most out of my money?
I have no experience with your symptoms and I hope you all the best. Kava just might not be up to the task. One suggestion that might help and provide more of kava's "shield effect" is to essentially treat it more like preventative medication versus using it as a targeted medication. In this manner you would want to find a good low amount to continue to take throughout the day. I prefer my kava all at once, at the end of the day, to provide a nice heavy krunk. However, if I was taking it for anxiety relief all day long I would take small amounts throughout the day. Probably the easiest way is to make up 2-3 liters of a light grog and just take small amounts every couple of hours. Good Luck!