What's new

Dorian

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Just left North Myrtle in South Carolina. The neighbors are getting nervous but most are sticking around.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
This storm is such a tease! Unless you're in the Bahamas then RIP. Track looks like it might never make landfall, or maybe it will rip up the whole coast.

That's got to be dreadful, waiting to see what will happen. With 'naders, you either survive or you don't and the whole storm is over in 6 hours.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Does anyone else get annoyed at the US news coverage that is only concerned about when and where it will hit the east coast while the eye is sitting on top of an island full of people...

ThePiper

Kava Lover
We survived with nary a scratch here. Could've been a lot worse. Irma in 2017 had us without power for almost a week and Matthew before destroyed my AC unit and flooded 9 inches into the rooms on the bottom floor of the quad. Those guys lost EVERYTHING, had to move out at the drop of a hat. And the poorer area of the neighborhood had over a dozen houses that were either flooded beyond saving or had been totally crushed by trees.
I can't imagine what Dorian did to the Bahamas. The death toll is at 20 now but I'm sure it will go up.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I saw a video shot from inside someone's home in the Bahamas. There were brown waves crashing against the windows and there was already a few cm of water on the floor.

Then the camera panned around to show the stairs down to the FIRST floor of the house... completely flooded. :(

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Anyone else from FL or nearby and bracing for Dorian? I'm about 30 miles from the coast here ::chugger::
My older sister lives right in front of the harbor, in dowtown Miami, she told me yesterday that they didn't leave the house until yesterday for the first time in 2 days, while it turned and went up the coast. Hope you all in the path out there are safe.