What's new

Dosing chart

blindy107

Kava Lover
Interesting. Thank you for contributing this.

It's odd that KBR states that mixing the same root with less water makes a stronger brew. Usually I add more root and keep the water the same.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Vendor dosing recommendations don't really mean much.
Different kavas and different batches will have varying strengths.
Many vendors, especially older ones, often don't know, care or list what their overal KL% is.
Vendors typically, but not always, play it safe by recommending smaller doses than would truly be used.
Some people are naturally more tolerant to kava, while others are total lightweights.
Dosing is entirely a personal choice. But if you want it to be more along the lines of traditional Vanuatu kava: ~8 TBSP

verticity

I'm interested in things
kavadude said:
Yeah so I gave @KeepOnKrunkin a 7 day cool down ban mainly for his posts in the other thread. It's fine to disagree but you can't just keep dragging in random posts from the internet in these weird hit and runs. Lift your game man, do some reading, don't get into these arguments unless you are really up to date on the latest research and willing to put together a cohesive narrative on why you are right and someone else is wrong.
I'm posting this here because the thread it is in is locked. I just wanted to say this seems a bit harsh and unnecessary to me. KeepOnKrunkin was obviously confused and, well, wrong, but I really don't think he is actually a spammer. Just a confused guy who could benefit from being a member of this community. My opinion.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It's not spam, it's just completely unproductive and unpleasant. He was not making points of his own, he was simply derailing unrelated threads by posting links to various outdated pages that I assume were pulled from google searches. It's not a permanent ban.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I did find it a bit odd how many of the forums members were so rude about him as a person, let alone his opinions. I mean, we're talking about kava, the peaceful herb, and we were far from nice.

On the other side of the coin, the forum was doing a great job by informing visitors of the problems surrounding tudei. I just think we could've handled the situation better early on.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@kavadude I support your ban and i am sure that many others do as well. You would only need to cut and paste some previous posts from the last month or so to support your decision. I actually thought seven days was generous.

@Runding I suggest that you give him a hug or something. You once criticized me for calling him a hypocrite when he was being hyocritical. That kind of oversensitivity is as silly as this guy's posts. This is obviously an adult kava forum, not the kids table. On his last post, the guy found an old post in Product Alerts about Kava.com products. He said he woudn't order from that site and then he posts two days later in the main forum that he has discovered kava.com and wanted to share it with everyone. You guys are right. He is probably not a real spammer. So what? That doesn't mean he isn't a nuissance. Someone has to clean up after him every time he says something ridiiculous, which is most of the time he says something. He is a kid on the playground throwing stones. That wasn't just a ban. That was a dooshban. Yeah, I spelled it wrong. I am going through some lousy dermo right now. Kava is great but you need need to have access to some good information on it. Protecting the integrity of the forum is worth a short ban.

@verticity No offense to you but I don't see any benefits happening any time soon. I see that has been here for two years and not learned much. He knows it's a good place to get attention and nothing more. All you have to do is look at his recent posts. It's really just belligerence.

Last edited:

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
@Runding I suggest that you give him a hug or something. You once criticized me for calling him a hypocrite when he was being hyocritical. That kind of oversensitivity is as silly as this guy's posts. This is obviously an adult kava forum, not the kids table. On his last post, the guy found an old post in Product Alerts about Kava.com products. He said he woudn't order from that site and then he posts two days later in the main forum that he has discovered kava.com and wanted to share it with everyone. You guys are right. He is probably not a real spammer. So what? That doesn't mean he isn't a nuissance. Someone has to clean up after him every time he says something ridiiculous, which is most of the time he says something. He is a kid on the playground throwing stones. That wasn't just a ban. That was a dooshban. Yeah, I spelled it wrong. I am going through some lousy dermo right now. Kava is great but you need need to have access to some good information on it. Protecting the integrity of the forum is worth a short ban.
I criticized you because you were being a jerk. Quite frankly, you're a nuisance because of your constant negativity. So @KeepOnKrunkin' made some stupid posts; it's not the end of the world, and you don't have to go on a crusade because of it.

You should really stop trying to pick fights on a forum you've just joined.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
@Runding If you think that calling someone out in a discussion on their hypocrisy makes me a jerk, then you are the one with the problem. Picking fights? Have you seen a debate before? Unlike the OP, I back up everything I say. Please grow up. This isn't a Care Bears forum.

I criticized you because you were being a jerk. Quite frankly, you're a nuisance because of your constant negativity. So @KeepOnKrunkin' made some stupid posts; it's not the end of the world, and you don't have to go on a crusade because of it.

You should really stop trying to pick fights on a forum you've just joined.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It would be really fantastic to get Recommending dosing for @Global Kava Exports products on this as I'm not sure they can discuss servings on their website due to legal reasons in Europe, They are also a really popular supplier so the community would make us of it.
I've honestly never found suppliers recommended dosing to be particularly useful. While some strains can be particularly strong, the amount of water and root used is really a subjective individual choice. I can tell you from personal experience that I think the tanna marang and kaolik are a bit on the stronger side, I haven't had the other ones but from what I've read they are not.

Kavajack

Kava Design Connoisseur
I've honestly never found suppliers recommended dosing to be particularly useful. While some strains can be particularly strong, the amount of water and root used is really a subjective individual choice. I can tell you from personal experience that I think the tanna marang and kaolik are a bit on the stronger side, I haven't had the other ones but from what I've read they are not.
Sure, But even an estimated dosing chart perhaps aggregated from a few different tasters opinions just to get a vague idea :)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Sure, But even an estimated dosing chart perhaps aggregated from a few different tasters opinions just to get a vague idea :)
It's helpful for people who are new to know the "right" dose even though that totally doesn't make sense in the kava world. There are so many variables, it's just impossible to know what the "right" dose is.

Middle of the bell curve recommended starting dosage is probably worth knowing and kavapedia-izing.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I started with medium grind root, 4 tbs to 2 cups of water. It seemed to be a general recommendation.