Change background image

Double cream v coconut cream or milk

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by 2104dawn, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:06 PM.

1. 2104dawn

2104dawn Earthling, kava fan, sleep ninja

Hi all
    I saw a few posts a while ago discussing the difference, if any, that adding cream to your kava can make. I hadn't tried this before so gave it a go.

Wow! What a difference - it definitely must've drawn out many more of the kavalactones, cos it was mucho stronger:). And it tasted good (although I like the taste of kava anyway).

I've tried it so far with Savu Savu, Vanuata Supreme and Isa PNG and have really noticed a difference in potency/effect - woohoo! When I'm doing a wash I usually chuck whatever kava mixes I've had over the past few days together. Adding a little cream to this has also made a considerable difference to strength(y).

I've recently been trying coconut cream and coconut milk - both taste nice and did increase the strength - but not, in my opinion, as good as the ole double cream.

So - just wanted to share this positive experience and ask for any suggestions on anything else I can try to increase potency/effect?
    Intrepidus_dux and Mrbinx69 like this.
  2. Mrbinx69

Mrbinx69 Kava Enthusiast

You do just coconut cream then for best results?
  3. Skywalker

Skywalker Kava Enthusiast

Haven’t we already been through this? If you add fat to your grog you must call it Kava Kava
  4. 2104dawn

Hi there, yes, for me just a tin of coconut milk (full fat stuff, not light) well shaken, and prolly about 4 or 5 tablespoons in about 750 ml water. Works for me
    Mrbinx69 likes this.
  5. Bubba Bula

Bubba Bula krunkadelic relic

I've added coconut milk in the past. Didn't really notice much of a difference in potency, but it REALLY did make the grog taste MUCH better, and it made it easier on my digestion to drink.
    Mrbinx69 likes this.
  6. 2104dawn

Hi Skywalker. Must I? What happens if I don't?. Will the kava police whisk me away, put me on a kava language course?

On that note though, when I'm having instant, I mix it with (I know it's irreverent, but the taste otherwise......grooeuchhhh) Vimpto. What do I call that, since fat has greedily grabbed the kava kava title? Surely not kava kava kava?

Hrrrm - the Vimpto does make the concoction very bubbly. Perhaps lava kava?
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 6:44 PM
    Krunʞy and Intrepidus_dux like this.
  7. recentreturn

recentreturn Kava Enthusiast

I sometimes add heavy whipping cream to a strong shell after its prepared. Adds a savoriness that helps prevent my body from trying to tell me it isn't food.
    2104dawn and Intrepidus_dux like this.
  8. KJ/P1X

KJ/P1X FOSS Developer at P1X

I always use rice drink (milk alternative) instead of water. It makes kava more like a chicory coffee. In other words much better in taste.
    Hard to tell if it enhance the potency.
  9. bogmonkey

bogmonkey New Member

The kavalactones really seem to enjoy grabbing onto the fats. I use 1/4 cup of whole (full fat) milk in a 16oz glass of kava.
    I really like the creaminess it adds, texture wise. I don't mind the taste of kava at all.