What's new

Drinking Pouni Ono with Mo'i instant.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Tried a new mix tonight. 1/2 cup Pouni Ono with 2 heaping tablespoons of Mo'i Instant. In 3 cups of water, all washes accounted.

I did traditional prep on it, as I found that even instants make me do the makkarena in bed all night, forgoing all sleep.

So I soaked for 15 minutes and stirred to prevent settling, and then into the 25 micron tummy-friendly straining bag for a good 15-20 minutes of kneading. I did a second and third wash until my root was thoroughly wrung-out. I really put the hurt on the root this time around, too. I wanted to try to get everything I could.

After four shells, I got the horrippilation/piloerection/goosebumps thing going. A slight chill, and a tingling scalp and an amused grin. That was roughly 60 minutes into the session. I continued drinking shells until the remnants of the 3 cups of grog were gone. Given that the root takes some of the water, that left about 2 1/2 cups, or about 20 oz. Slightly smaller than those comically large red bull cans that are 24 oz. and look like a myocardial infarction pill.

Infarction.

I feel a deep benign amusement with things. Very relaxed, laid back and really feeling in the moment with what I'm doing, whether it's getting my little one off to bed, fixing a snack, talking to my wife. Like I'm more easily able to give each thing my full attention and with that attention engage with it more. Interesting stuff. I do feel a bit off-balance and have the slow-eyes effect going. I feel relaxed but taut at the same time, physically. Which sounds a tad paradoxical which is also interesting stuff.

I'm at 3 1/2 hours as I write this, and it's still quite the same, but I'm feeling heavier-lidded now but warm and cozy as I sit here. Like I'm wearing some big fluffy Snuggie IN MY MIND!

Anyways, Pouni Ono from Kalm and Mo'i Instant from GHK is a fantastic combination. I feel like there's a slow-burn/long-burn effect. A two layer effect with a path down the middle. A path! A path! A path! Ni!

If you've got the two, try it. I highly recommend it. Disclaimer: I like heady kava, so this is like a parfait of heady layers of goodness.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
Thinking about following your lead and mixing up equal parts N@H white Sands w/ GHK Mo'i tonight. Hmmmm...