What's new

Eating after kava. What's your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavalover

Outsider
I wonder if the grapefruit juice method works well with this. It potentiates many other substances, in particular pharmaceuticals.
Hmmm, well kava is believed to be metabolized via the p540 enzyme system last I checked. Grapefruit works to potentiate many drugs by inhibiting a specific enzyme in that very system, which metabolizes said drugs, basically keeping it in the body longer. I'm not entirely sure if it would work with kava, or if it would be safe to do so, but interesting thought.

I hate grapefuit juice anyway :p

Bert07

Me like da kava
There's always a possibility. I would have to test it multiple times just to make sure it's consistent and there aren't any coincidental factors involved. I think kava in general is such a variable substance--one day your in lala land the next day your just like 'eehh' with the same batch and same quantity amount. Grapefruit juice is awesome btw, :p to you!

infraredz

BULA!
As awesome as GFJ is, I would highly recommend against drinking it concurrently with kava due to the said cyp enzyme inhibition of both substances.

Bert07

Me like da kava
You guys are right. Seems it could be too hepatoxic and I'd rather not take that chance, even if it does happen to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.