What's new

Euphoria from kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Do any of you get euphoria from Kava? I mean true euphoria, similar to the kind you get as a side effect from medicinal opiates. I don't just mean feeling giggly and cheerfull, I mean deep, deep waves of joy and comfort.

I for one fell great from kava, but not euphoric in the slightest. What do you think?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Do any of you get euphoria from Kava? I mean true euphoria, similar to the kind you get as a side effect from medicinal opiates. I don't just mean feeling giggly and cheerfull, I mean deep, deep waves of joy and comfort.

I for one fell great from kava, but not euphoric in the slightest. What do you think?
Welcome Ligermeat.
Well I felt euphoric when I found I could substitute alcohol safely with kava. Don't know if that's what you mean.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
From my experience you need to get a good dose of kava in you quite quickly to experience a more pronounced euphoria. Sipping a few shells will give you more of a relaxing effect but without much bang. I think that's good because it gives you choices depending on what you want to feel.

For euphoria I found Pentecost Pride to be really good, mix it strong and chug it quick. I think at the end of the day kava is never going to give as strong an effect as alcohol, opiates, etc but when you get attuned to it and you no longer take other drugs to get your kicks then you can really start to feel the kava and the subtle effects will become more noticeable.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Like Edward said, if I have an empty stomach and drink 12 ounces or more of kava quickly I can occasionally(kava is fickle after all) get a nice euphoria on for a 1/2 hour to an hour which dies down to a nice normal kava chill afterwards. Sometimes I get the giggles, music takes a hold of your ear and mind more, or if I am outside nature can take on that extra something special. Not as strong a euphoria as actual drugs, but nice enough and better in my opinion, enough that I no longer drink or burn since finding kava. Set and setting is important, reduce distractions, so you can really listen to the kava.
Cactus Kava Loa Lawena, KWK Fiji Loa Waka, and Kavaboy Tongan have all taken me there.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I get opiatesk. Feelings sometimes ftom kava but the difference is that these are endogenous endorphins being released rather than an actually opioid effect... personally I love it cause it makes me know why I don't use K@ when I can get the same feeling naturally from a good meal and kava.... oh yeah good meal is essential to endorphin release on kava :)

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
From my experience you need to get a good dose of kava in you quite quickly to experience a more pronounced euphoria. Sipping a few shells will give you more of a relaxing effect but without much bang. I think that's good because it gives you choices depending on what you want to feel.

For euphoria I found Pentecost Pride to be really good, mix it strong and chug it quick. I think at the end of the day kava is never going to give as strong an effect as alcohol, opiates, etc but when you get attuned to it and you no longer take other drugs to get your kicks then you can really start to feel the kava and the subtle effects will become more noticeable.
I play zero games when I have spent a day getting yelled at by customers I come straight home and immediately neck 20oz I wait probably 30mins and neck another 10oz and then ride that out for the night! I have to say I get super euphoric!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
Haha what kind of effect ??
Mind boggling headiness which is what I'm looking for it seems to wipe away all of my stress, frustration, and anxiety flawlessly! However the amount I drink directly corilates with the effects. I drink only about 6-8 ounces before work and it's there but not half as strong and it helps me not want to cut people lol seriously there is some rude people out there I will never understand because I not that way.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
I think you get get euphoric from kava, but it's not on brought on by the kava itself. Similar to what cactus said , The euphoria comes from your external senses being enhanced. Things like nature, music, soft couches etc seem much more "real".

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
I think you get get euphoric from kava, but it's not on brought on by the kava itself. Similar to what cactus said , The euphoria comes from your external senses being enhanced. Things like nature, music, soft couches etc seem much more "real".
I can agree with that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.