What's new

Euphoria from kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
There are different kinds of Kava euphoria as well.

One kind of Kava euphoria is a state of mind where you are being gently rolled between silky layers of the firmament. I often find myself overwhelmed with joy and clarity. This can last for up to twenty minutes and is what I consider a "peak" Kava experience. Unfortunately, my best memories of this go back to really strong Tudeis, though I have also had it from Stone, Wow, Solomons, Koniak, Nangol, and Kava Roots' Van Select (the winner of the 2016 Best Kava award).

The second kind of Kava euphoria, more common among Borongoru and related varieties, consists of a deep, sleepy, dreamy kind of "stony" feeling. It's a kind of supreme relaxation where problems seem to disappear. Less of a celebration and more of a "forget about it" kind of feeling. Similar to benzos in many respects.
So true, well described. There's a heady euphoria or a heavy euphoria, and both are amazing places to go

Z

zentri_test

Well you're now changing the definition slightly because if you look up the definition of euphoria it's different but I am diagnosed with GAD so I understand anxiety/panic attacks and the sense of "well being" once that anxiety leaves but I still wouldn't consider it euphoric according to the definition of the word. Maybe in the slightest way.

I would use words like relaxed/dreamy/stony/chill/cloudy/grounded when it comes to heavier body kavas and not euphoric or heavy euphoria.

Heavy euphoria sounds like a large amount of euphoria .. again leading to confusion amongst others.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I get a half hour - 45 minutes of euphoria almost every time I drink - but I always mix strong and start off with 2 or 3 big shells (300m or so) 5-10 minutes apart. Once that hits I just enjoy it whilst it lasts, and then space my shells wider (20-30 minutes) as the euphoria changes towards more of a relaxant.
I've never had opiates so can't compare, but its definitely euphoria, and I get that with just about any kava, not just the ones described as "heady".

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Do any of you get euphoria from Kava? I mean true euphoria, similar to the kind you get as a side effect from medicinal opiates. I don't just mean feeling giggly and cheerfull, I mean deep, deep waves of joy and comfort.

I for one fell great from kava, but not euphoric in the slightest. What do you think?
It's rare, but it does happen. First time with me was the Kalm with Kava's Fiji Loa Waka. IIRC @Squanch72 got some from the same batch as I and it hit him the same way. Yanogin was like the 2nd number in the lactone profile (you don't see that often). Take it for what it is, was it the cause I dunno, we did talk about it for abit. It was very close to being number one... GHK's Moi comes close, but never as strong as flying Fiji Loa Air!

Last edited:

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
Euphoria can also refer to elation, well-being, and happiness. If you are anxious and jittery Kava can give you a sense of elation where that irritated feeling goes away. In my first description, Kava does give an excited and intense feeling of joy.
(EDIT - seems I quoted the wrong post by you, but point remains the same so I'll just leave it be)

This is indeed true for me as well. It's quite hit or miss though, I mean, I always get the relaxing feeling of 'well-being', but there are some particular times when I just lay down in my bed or my couch with a big grin on my face for no apparent reason except that I just had a few shells. This has never happened to me when I was on benzo, rather I just got foggy in my head and tired. This has happened to me on painkillers, but not at all in this subtle weird way, it just feels extremely natural, like no outside force is there, still it's quite profound and very noticeable, while in the same time being very subtle. So hard to explain.
(just came home after a hot day here in Asia, made a few cups and now listening to this lovely tune: "We drink, we drunk, we drink, we drunk, we throw up, we drink, we drunk" Can't help but smile :'D

skyloop

Well you're now changing the definition slightly because if you look up the definition of euphoria it's different but I am diagnosed with GAD so I understand anxiety/panic attacks and the sense of "well being" once that anxiety leaves but I still wouldn't consider it euphoric according to the definition of the word. Maybe in the slightest way.

I would use words like relaxed/dreamy/stony/chill/cloudy/grounded when it comes to heavier body kavas and not euphoric or heavy euphoria.

Heavy euphoria sounds like a large amount of euphoria .. again leading to confusion amongst others.
I would call it more like a clear dream state even if there is feelings intense well being amplified by the fact that my mind is normally the opposite unless I just drank my coffee and then I'm flying above it all till I'm down low again. Getting a break from that alone is part of the high from kava for me but it's definitely not total euphoria. I imagine you can maybe find your way there if you're having a good time otherwise while on kava through experience but it'll probably won't be that sharp hyperactive euphoria most people tend to think of when you think of euphoria. No matter what most of the enjoyment comes from the clarity kava brings personally and if it's amplified enough you might just feel infinite and content enough to call it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.