What's new

Everyday users?

Crunked

Proselytizer
I drink kava just about every day (maybe miss one day a month) and have done so for over 3 years. How has it affected me? I feel more relaxed, I sleep much better and I enjoy life more. Oh, I also lost a little unwanted weight. I also only drink Noble Kava, mostly the fantastic kava from GHK.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I guess Im asking because I take it daily but feel as though it is actually making me anxious lately, which is unusual, but Ive also been doing only toss n wash so I think that may be the reason. So Im totally stopping toss n wash. I really feel as though it has to be the culprit.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I guess Im asking because I take it daily but feel as though it is actually making me anxious lately, which is unusual, but Ive also been doing only toss n wash so I think that may be the reason. So Im totally stopping toss n wash. I really feel as though it has to be the culprit.
Could be related to the variety or varieties you're using. Certain ones make me anxious during the session.

I'm at every other day now, as I find that too many consecutive days and I start to drag my legs a bit. Flattened affect, feeling a little listless, a little cloudy-headed. If I skip days, it seems about right for me.

Crunked

Proselytizer
I never toss 'n wash. I only have kava made the traditional way, or I drink instant, or micronised (strictly GHK only for micronised).

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Been doing it for months on end and Im really starting to feel like crap. Don't toss n wash kids, make your grog.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Could be related to the variety or varieties you're using. Certain ones make me anxious during the session.

I'm at every other day now, as I find that too many consecutive days and I start to drag my legs a bit. Flattened affect, feeling a little listless, a little cloudy-headed. If I skip days, it seems about right for me.
Youre right Ive been using a number of different brands lately. I need to stick to my choice strands.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Youre right Ive been using a number of different brands lately. I need to stick to my choice strands.
If you know the chemotypes of what you're drinking, and note times when your anxiety is increased, you can figure out what kinds of kava to avoid and what works well. I'm learning that high-yangonin kava (like Stone and 11 Year Waka) make me feel anxious during a session.

verticity

I'm interested in things
If you know the chemotypes of what you're drinking, and note times when your anxiety is increased, you can figure out what kinds of kava to avoid and what works well. I'm learning that high-yangonin kava (like Stone and 11 Year Waka) make me feel anxious during a session.
Steve, just wondering; you like Mo'i, right? But that is a high-yangonin variety according to @Deleted User.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting, how does Boroguru affect you?

I gotta get this thing figured out because on one hand kava has been the best thing for my anxiety ever, on the other hand its becoming apparent that Im doing something wrong lately.

Thanks for the info

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I drank every day for three weeks and I got dermo and lousy day-afters. The moral of that short story is just to do it and to see what happens. Pay attention to your skin and your eyes, the two areas where I suffered. Completed research and the accounts of other kava drinkers point to noble kavas as your safest option. It seems that GHK is the vendor that vends the most reputable product with a few others medalling too. The rest sell shit and it is quite obvious after you learn all of the facts. Take it from me though... you have to drink it to find out. I have been off of kava for two weeks. The dermo is diminishing. I will pick up where I left off in smaller doses and perhaps fewer days a week after after I haven't seen any dermo symptoms for a week or so. Keep in mind that the forum consists of mostly successful kava drinkers. You can set a goal to drink like them and you can hope to have the same results as them but only until you walk the walk will you know if you can be one of them. I know I am not one of them yet. Enjoy.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Interesting, how does Boroguru affect you?

I gotta get this thing figured out because on one hand kava has been the best thing for my anxiety ever, on the other hand its becoming apparent that Im doing something wrong lately.

Thanks for the info
Boroguru doesn't affect me like that, it's calmer. It's a great kava. I wish I had some tonight. Very balanced. A little bit of everything. I think it's a very popular daily kava in Vanuatu and I can see why.

Maybe you should back off on either the dose level or pacing. And toss 'n wash is a pretty rough and tumble way to go. You might try micronized or instants or even better do some traditional prep. It's really the best way.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Steve, just wondering; you like Mo'i, right? But that is a high-yangonin variety according to @Deleted User.
What's the Chemotype? Is it 423xxx?

If that's the case, maybe I'm barking up the wrong yangonin here. I definitely know some do it and some don't... that feeling of edginess or even fight or flight a little. Not pleasant.

Now I have to figure out the commonalities between nervous kava and non-nervous kava. Hm..

verticity

I'm interested in things
What's the Chemotype? Is it 423xxx?

If that's the case, maybe I'm barking up the wrong yangonin here. I definitely know some do it and some don't... that feeling of edginess or even fight or flight a little. Not pleasant.

Now I have to figure out the commonalities between nervous kava and non-nervous kava. Hm..
Here is @Deleted User's post about it.
A Kavalactone Mystery Solved? Maybe, for me at least...
So actually Mo'i is 426351, but Deleted User theorized that the yangonin may have been making him anxious, because it is high in Mo'i relative to his "regular diet" (Hiwa, Mapulehu and Nene -- which all have yangonin dead last e.g. 426513) So I guess it's not really true to say Mo'i is "high" in yangonin, but rather that is not super low in yangonin.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Here is @Deleted User's post about it.
A Kavalactone Mystery Solved? Maybe, for me at least...
So actually Mo'i is 426351, but Deleted User theorized that the yangonin may have been making him anxious, because it is high in Mo'i relative to his "regular diet" (Hiwa, Mapulehu and Nene -- which all have yangonin dead last e.g. 426513) So I guess it's not really true to say Mo'i is "high" in yangonin, but rather that is not super low in yangonin.
Interesting. Yeah, Mo'i must either have something that Stone lacks, or Stone has something that Mo'i lacks either inside or outside the big-6 kavalactone profile that make the difference. For me, Mo'i is pleasurable and exiciting with giddiness but not anxiety. Stone is similar but the giddiness is an anxious feeling. At least it has been so far.

This may just amount to my mood going into the session, so clearly more data points are needed. But it IS interesting. I'm perhaps too quick to blame Yangonin. I think there's either a ratio factor or some hidden factor also in play.

kongkava

Kava Curious
I drink kava every evening and sometimes morning. It's helped my motivation and focus. It's a good thing to enhance hobbies.

So far, I've only gotten red bumps on my arm/back of hands. Typical temporary allergic reaction. No other dermopathy except for dry skin, which cured my back acne.

I tried toss and wash, but I didn't get results as good as squeezing for 20min

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Interesting. Yeah, Mo'i must either have something that Stone lacks, or Stone has something that Mo'i lacks either inside or outside the big-6 kavalactone profile that make the difference. For me, Mo'i is pleasurable and exiciting with giddiness but not anxiety. Stone is similar but the giddiness is an anxious feeling. At least it has been so far.

This may just amount to my mood going into the session, so clearly more data points are needed. But it IS interesting. I'm perhaps too quick to blame Yangonin. I think there's either a ratio factor or some hidden factor also in play.
I have had a similar experience. I like Moi for a daytime kava but I do not find Stone to be very enjoyable, in fact the first few times using it, I did not like it's effects at all which was a big disappointment since I had high hopes for it. Have you tried Wow? I find it to be much more enjoyable than stone for a late day kava.