Change background image

Vendor News Exciting Announcement! - Bottled Fresh Green Kava

Discussion in 'Kalm With Kava' started by Kalm with Kava, Sep 26, 2019.

1. kavakarma

kavakarma Kava Enthusiast

4 bottles on the way, I intend to share half. I know what it's like when I make Kava, this will be great
  2. Zaphod

Zaphod Kava Enthusiast

Not for nothing but these bottles are only 8.5oz....drink up! No need to store opened bottles.::chugger::
    Krunʞy and BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC like this.
  3. scaryjarri

scaryjarri Member

I missed this until today so I went over and ordered 4 bottles immediately. Initial excitement.
    Whats a kava fart? I would guess it smelled like the kava you just drank?
  4. scaryjarri

scaryjarri Member

I enjoyed the kava but why the double priced shipping? Its pretty pricey stuff and priority mail flat rate shipping for 4 bottles in a little over $7 and I was charged $14.50 for a flat rate envelope.I had no idea how it would be packed or shipped but its pricey as is let alone twice the shipping which adds $3.50 per bottle. Was this intentional or a mistake?

The taste wasnt bad and it was almost instant feeling but didnt last very long and wasnt super strong for either of us. I was hitting medium grind (aluball) pretty soon after.
  5. Kalm with Kava

Kalm with Kava Kava Enthusiast Kava Vendor

Hey Scaryjarri,
    That was definitely a mistake we have it set @ $8 for padded flats (the extra $.50 is for padding and tape supplies) something must have calculated wrong. Just shoot us an email with your order # and we'll get it fixed for you!

Yes, the effect is actually what is really desirable in Vanuatu and why we use these specific cultivars. It has an initial strong effect but when you drink 1 bottle, it won't be overwhelming and won't cause lingering into the next day. I'm sure you experienced it as I did - if the effects dont last quite as long as you want, if you follow up with some medium grind, the effects of that subsequent kava is much stronger.
    Krunʞy and Henry like this.
  6. Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist) Kava Enthusiast

Got mine on the way, I'm super excited for kava farts
  7. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

1/2 a bottle of fresh 30 minutes prior to my 10:1 40g dry kava grog takes it to an entirely different level.
  8. readyman

readyman Member

Now that sounds like the way to drink it add it to a regular kava session to give more effect then you could get more out of it
    Kalm with Kava likes this.
  9. Krunʞy

Krunʞy . Admin

I've been drinking this semi-daily, I really like it. I got some Samoan to complement it.
    Kalm with Kava likes this.
  10. scaryjarri

scaryjarri Member

Thank you I will do that and its much appreciated.
  11. scaryjarri

scaryjarri Member

I still dont know what a kava fart is. I must do it all of the time.

When I was young like 20 years ago, I used to drink the beer and was into the hops and once drank a brooklyn beer called #1 in its early days and farted fresh floral smelling hops all the next day. I still think about that almost 20 years later, so Im assuming its a kava smelling fart which is a rooty dirt fart I guess.
  12. SelfBiasResistor

SelfBiasResistor Persist for Resistance!

It's just part of the stomach irritating effects that can come with kava drinking. Many people experience excessive bloating and gas the night and morning after drinking. It's more likely to happen with dry powder blends containing lots of unpeeled lateral roots in my experience.
    Krunʞy likes this.
  13. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Smooth sailing for me the next morning. I just turn into a butt rocket approximately 60 seconds after the first shell.
  14. nashfire

nashfire Stay Rooted

Dibs on Rooty Dirt Fart as a band name!::urock2::
  15. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got 10 bottles to try. I applaud the effort but prefer powder fresh.
  16. Hitch

Hitch New Member

Hi everyone, I’m new to kava forums and kava and seem to be joining at the right time with this authentic fresh kava being launched! :)

@Kalm with Kava , I’m curious to know how many kavalactones could be in the bottle. I have a science background and am hence interested in the mg of the kavalactones, which seem to be the active ingredient. I’ve seen products ranging from 50mg kavalactones for the Ozia kava candies to 150mg per 16oz for the Kaivai bottled drink to 300mg of kavalactones per 8oz bottle for Stay Cool Kava bottled drink.

Do you know how many kavalactones are in Pacific Roots’ bottle? And what is the standard amount of kavalactones for one “glass” of kava? ~100mg to have a mild effect? Ideally I could drink 2-3 servings with ~100mg of kavalactones per serving?

Thank you for your help — I look forward to trying Pacific Roots soon :)
  17. Kapmcrunk

I came up with around 450mg total in the bottle. That's a 15% extraction rate on a 3-5%kl kava source.
  18. Henry

Henry . Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

IIRC it is closer to 1000. One recent test indicated 0.5% total kl in a bottle which would roughly translate to about 1250mg of kavalactone resin per bottle. Generally it is around 0.3-0.4% though. Thats consistent with Lebots remarks that a large shell of Vanuatu kava = 1-1.5g of active resin
    Krunʞy likes this.
  19. Kapmcrunk

Well okay then! That's way more than I anticipated. I'll be wrong like that all day long.

Thank you Henry. Also, man, congratulations on the reception of this product. Absolutely stunning.
  20. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Again, I’ve never personally had the real thing... but from various mi harem se one bottle is about as strong one strongfella 150 to a middling 200 shell.

I spinnem hed blong yufala olsem se wanfifti.
    Henry likes this.