What's new

Exclusive single cultivar

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kavafied just sent notice of a single cultivar leka hina available for procurement. I got half pound... Will see how it goes.

If anybody interested might want to act fast.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I have a limited take on it because I was tired when I had it but it had a balanced heady vibe. Pretty typical tongan but needs more testing.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
So psyched to be trying some kula again. That was my favorite strain from bkh. The bkh one is not a bell ringer but it is such subtle bliss.

Last edited:

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So psyched to be trying some kula again. That was my favorite strain from bkh. The bkh one is not a bell ringer but it is such subtle bliss.
It'll be interesting to hear your comparison since I never tried the bkh version. I just received a pound today of kavafied kulu

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I haven't tried enough to fully review but this is good kava. This is a mostly heady kava with some mellow Nene-like vibes. I would say it is similar to the bkh one except the bkh one was more euphoric for me and this one tastes maybe a little bit better (but smells less fresh??)

The leka hina is probably a tad stronger and more unique in profile than the Kula but the Kula does stand out as a great tongan too. I actually think the Kula tastes better than the leka hina. Like straight up marshmallows.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I haven't tried enough to fully review but this is good kava. This is a mostly heady kava with some mellow Nene-like vibes. I would say it is similar to the bkh one except the bkh one was more euphoric for me and this one tastes maybe a little bit better (but smells less fresh??)

The leka hina is probably a tad stronger and more unique in profile than the Kula but the Kula does stand out as a great tongan too. I actually think the Kula tastes better than the leka hina. Like straight up marshmallows.
I was drinking the Kula last night and yeah, tastes better than the leka hina, almost as good as the leka hina BKH had a couple of years ago.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Received mine yesterday. Taste is excellent - I get cucumbery/watermelony vibes. Tastes almost like fresh kava. Effects pretty mellow so far, leaning towards slightly heady but not anxiety provoking as heady kavas usually are with me.