What's new

Kava Science Expanding my home lab...

D

Deleted User01

Lord have mercy @Deleted User, that is some very serious equipment. I hope the vendors take heed that your testing is not a lark but is very serious on the same level of Lebot and others like him. I won't hear any arguments from unruly vendors who don't like the results coming from your sophisticated equipment. I guess you are doing what the American Kava Association can only dream of doing. Talk is cheap after all. Your actions speak louder than words. I look forward to some test results with vendor and strain NOT BLACKED OUT.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I love that set up, it looks great. Please keep us informed as to when it is up and running and ready to start testing. Also thank you for all the work and effort your putting into this, it will really help us to know what we are getting, the effects and so much more.
Thank you Deleted User, you are to be commended for your work. (y)
Aloha

Chris

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
lol Deleted User I have to say my friend there're talkers and then industrious folks TCOB
lol x 2 a Jmans use of the word unruly :ROFLMAO:

taking care of business and that's no balderdash(y)

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ahh! Looks like a new batch of tests are on the horizon. HPLC....I'm sure there's a way, but I can't see a way of arguing with that.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
That's awesome Hapro. Very excited about this. It will give us many answers, appease curiosities and finally help give us empirical evidence for whatever theories we may think up. The scope of the outcome will likely reach far beyond this forum. Hey, maybe you'll become a one-stop-shop and start doing our bloodwork too.
HPLC....I'm sure there's a way, but I can't see a way of arguing with that.
jp-goldbloom.gif

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
That's great! A way to test for known compounds that point toward how a kava may effect a user!

@Deleted User01 Don't be so down on the AKA. It's the only association designed to encourage self regulation in the kava industry. Names of suppliers are blacked out on some results to keep people jumping into the industry to make a quick buck from stealing supplier info. Again, tests were done for SELF regulation, not in an attempt to appease doubters.

I personally, and likely Tyler and the AKA as well, support independent testing as it will only serve to back up any self regulation I do. Good work, Deleted User. I hope I'm correct in assuming you'll receive the necessary training to operate that thing. Looking forward to some results.

D

Deleted User01

@Deleted User01 Don't be so down on the AKA. It's the only association designed to encourage self regulation in the kava industry.
Here at the forum we force regulation. There's a new sheriff in town partner ... he goes by the name of Deleted User. :eek:
::frosty:: And if anyone gets unruly, he goes by the name of Frosty the Zombie Snowman.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Just curious, @Deleted User for chemotype testing do you need to have samples of the pure kavalactones for calibration, or is it possible to tell what is what without that? That stuff is pretty expensive.