What's new

Experience thus far and thoughts? Low-quality noble kava while working for reverse tolerance?

VileVanGogh

Hello again kava community! I've been consuming small quantities of kava daily for one week without feeling much of anything.

Yesterday I decided to really push myself and ended up downing kava brewed from 10 tablespoons (5 servings) of medium grind Tonga Kava from Kavafied in the span of five hours using aluball shortly after waking up - 2nd and 3rd washes of each serving. After 8 tablespoons I felt a little euphoria for maybe 15 minutes or so, but couldn't recapture it with an additional serving. I'm guessing from the quantity I consumed, the quality of the kava, and the length of the effects I felt that this wasn't the true kava experience in all it's glory.

Afterwards I had a minor headache reminiscent of a hangover. No nausea ever though.

I remember reading the economical suggestion of using cheap, low-quality noble kava until reverse tolerance is achieved. I suppose the thinking is at this stage consistent consumption is more important than potency. I'm thinking my strategy will be small quantities of low-quality, noble kava throughout the week and really "going for it" on the weekend with higher quality kava when I have the time to cope with any ill side effects. Thoughts on this approach and recommendations on cheap, low-quality kava vendor?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
10 tablespoons is A LOT of Kava. I would say you're overdoing it, and wasting both money and Kava. 3 or 4 tablespoons in 2+ litres of water over three or four hours is a normal session for me - and I have been drinking Kava daily for a decade.

Kava is subtle. It's not like marijuana or magic mushrooms. Drink it slowly, listen to it, enjoy it....

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hello again kava community! I've been consuming small quantities of kava daily for one week without feeling much of anything.

Yesterday I decided to really push myself and ended up downing kava brewed from 10 tablespoons (5 servings) of medium grind Tonga Kava from Kavafied in the span of five hours using aluball shortly after waking up - 2nd and 3rd washes of each serving. After 8 tablespoons I felt a little euphoria for maybe 15 minutes or so, but couldn't recapture it with an additional serving. I'm guessing from the quantity I consumed, the quality of the kava, and the length of the effects I felt that this wasn't the true kava experience in all it's glory.

Afterwards I had a minor headache reminiscent of a hangover. No nausea ever though.

I remember reading the economical suggestion of using cheap, low-quality noble kava until reverse tolerance is achieved. I suppose the thinking is at this stage consistent consumption is more important than potency. I'm thinking my strategy will be small quantities of low-quality, noble kava throughout the week and really "going for it" on the weekend with higher quality kava when I have the time to cope with any ill side effects. Thoughts on this approach and recommendations on cheap, low-quality kava vendor?
Are you drinking on a near empty stomach? At least 2-3 hours, preferably 4 since your last meal will help immensely.

VileVanGogh

10 tablespoons is A LOT of Kava. I would say you're overdoing it, and wasting both money and Kava.
I won't be consuming that much again anytime soon, although, I've read here that some people use that much on occasion and even normally.
Are you drinking on a near empty stomach? At least 2-3 hours, preferably 4 since your last meal will help immensely.
Yes. Four hours usually. Yesterday when I used 10 tbsps was right after waking up so I wanna say approximately twelve hours with no food.

VileVanGogh

I'm not sure when I actually "broke through". Yesterday I switched from Kavafied Tonga to Supreme and experienced some wonderful euphoric effects from just one serving (2 tbsps). I'm convinced that the descriptions of kava that I zoned in on and drew me to kava is what I experienced yesterday.

Today I went back to the Tonga and better noticed a more distinct sort of clear-headed, inquisitiveness that I hadn't really picked up on before. I had a small snack after the effects wore off and then an hour later went for the Supreme, yearning for yesterday's experience. First serving didn't feel much, maybe because of the food. Second serving, an hour later, which I'm 30 minutes into now, I would say is more potent than yesterday! I sat down to play the piano and had to go SLOW, got up and was a little wobbly.

I'll probably do another serving at the hour mark. It's cold and rainy where I live and I have nothing pressing to do. Little excited and a little nervous.