What's new

Experimentation: Phase 1

blindy107

Kava Lover
Welcome @SuicideAnomaly there is a ton of great info here. I would also like to add that Tongans are not known for sedating effects. Look to a Vanuatu indigenous variety. Usually more sleepy time effects found there.

I would also like to add that kava should be consumed alone to determine proper dosing and cultivar as @Steve Mariotti mentioned.

Best of luck!

D

Deleted User01

@SuicideAnomaly, welcome to the forum. ::awesomesmiles:: I have mixed feelings about the name of your Avatar based on what I have heard around here. Don't want to go giving people any ideas if you know whatta mean. But anyway, that is why we are all here sharing. Better to talk it out with people who care.

@verticity, if you knew where Chris lived, you might even think that carrier pigeon might be faster than UPS. :LOL: But it is worth the wait.

SuicideAnomaly

somewhere between raising hell & amazing grace
@SuicideAnomaly, welcome to the forum. ::awesomesmiles:: I have mixed feelings about the name of your Avatar based on what I have heard around here. Don't want to go giving people any ideas if you know whatta mean. But anyway, that is why we are all here sharing. Better to talk it out with people who care.

@verticity, if you knew where Chris lived, you might even think that carrier pigeon might be faster than UPS. :LOL: But it is worth the wait.
lol I assure u I have plenty to live for and I am not suicidal LOL. Just a fucking wordsmith. :p

D

Deleted User01

While we're talking about taking user names literally, I'm concerned about your coffee addiction, @Deleted User01
Originally the User Name represented a humanoid back in the caveman days. But subliminally, it may indeed mean something else. :rolleyes: I'm sipping a tall cup of Java right now. Fresh out of the French Press. Checking my emails and doing a few computer chores before breakfast. Hmmmm, Ahhhhhh, it is dead quite here and it tastes sooooo good. :hungry: One of my favorite times of the day and especially after a kava session the day before.

SuicideAnomaly

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up. :D
you're very welcome. & to clarify you guys (and thank you for the concern) , the K@ is not an "addiction" for me... I take it a few days a week in small doses to tolerate neurological pain from having multiple back surgeries. I have been off pharmaceutical medications for pain for several years now after struggling with dependency. I was able to taper off the pain meds with the K@. It was a lifesaver. I am aware it carries health risks of it's own. I am willing to deal with those in order to be able to stand upright without being in sheer agony. I have three children ages 10, 6, and 5 mos. so I can't be loopy and wasted all the time. The K@ keeps the pain at a tolerable level and I am able to do everything mothers are supposed to do without wincing in pain. If it is a matter of K@ or pharmaceuticals, I will always choose the plants man.

D

Deleted User01

@SuicideAnomaly, I have often thought that K@ has its benefits just like kava. They say it is addictive and maybe you can address that during the coming months. I'm also hoping you can find a kava that helps with the pain because kava is an anti-inflammatory and there are strains that address pain more readily than others. When I see that you have kids 10, 6, and 5; all I can say is "Ouch, Ouch, Ouch". If I had a medal, I would give it to you already. :D

Poivrier

methystified
I don't think that K* has bad effects on health apart from dehydration and constipation (on the contrary it is supposed to boost the immunity system). What I wanted to say is that K*'s addiction has the full withdrawal thing: pain, torture and months long depression...even for people taking 2-3g doses.
I am always surprised how innocuous K* is presented; I think that it is a serious pain medicine that CAN'T be controlled by people with addiction issues. No way around it.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I have been reading reviews on the bongoru from GHK, and some of them say it's great for physical pain.

SuicideAnomaly

@SuicideAnomaly, I have often thought that K***** has its benefits just like kava. They say it is addictive and maybe you can address that during the coming months. I'm also hoping you can find a kava that helps with the pain because kava is an anti-inflammatory and there are strains that address pain more readily than others. When I see that you have kids 10, 6, and 5; all I can say is "Ouch, Ouch, Ouch". If I had a medal, I would give it to you already. :D
I hear it's addictive, but I've been taking it on and off for almost a year and never felt any withdrawal symptoms. Whether I took it a week and stopped , or a month and stopped, it was never a problem. Sure, the pain would come back by the second day without it, but there were no withdrawal symptoms that one might experience from a pharmaceutical or street narcotic. Trust me, I've dealth with those kind of detoxes and K@ is a fucking cake walk . I just want to find a way... to not be in constant pain.... but not have to take pills that cause a million other awful side effects. K@ has been very kind to me, and until I see solid medical proof that it's more dangerous than vicodin, lortab, etc etc..... I will stick with it. Bc the alternative is not an option for me. My babies need their momma clear headed and PRESENT ,... not in a pharmacy induced haze. The K@ doesn't disorient me in any way whatsoever. It just gives me the normal energy and flexibility I have come to be extremely grateful for.

SuicideAnomaly

I don't think that K* has bad effects on health apart from dehydration and constipation (on the contrary it is supposed to boost the immunity system). What I wanted to say is that K*'s addiction has the full withdrawal thing: pain, torture and months long depression...even for people taking 2-3g doses.
I am always surprised how innocuous K* is presented; I think that it is a serious pain medicine that CAN'T be controlled by people with addiction issues. No way around it.
I've experimented with it on and off for a year. I can do it a week and stop , no problem. I can do it every day for a month and stop, no problem aside the fact that the neurological pain returns , no depression, etc. I also can't complain about constipation, or dehydration , but that's probably only bc I eat a very organic diet with lots of fruits and veggies and coconut oil, etc. . . and I guzzle water all day. .... Long story short? If it was something that was felt ENOUGH to be addictive, I'd be addicted, and I'm not. Because trust me.... I can get addicted to anything. But K@ has never been an issue for me. I can wake up tomorrow, simply not dose, and still go about my day with little to no effect aside from extreme sciatica . It's not that kind of buzz. People who take it know that it doesn't inebriate you. Therefore I think the addiction theories are mostly crap. I think it's illegal bc of the same reasons weed is in a lot of places. Bc it would take $$ from the pharmaceutical companies and they'd sell much less pills. That's JMHO. As someone who actually uses the stuff, knows what addiction is, has conquered it, etc. K@ gets a bad rap from uneducated sources.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
i am an ex heroin, crack, and MDMA addict and i use both K@ and kava to help me with chronic pain and anxiety. unlike pain pills or heroin, which have no effect ceiling, plain leaf K@ does not offer increased rewards for higher doses past a certain point and is therefor, for me anyway, self-limiting. i am in no way saying that k* is innocuous or without issues or addiction potential but for me it is the easier softer way: it controls my pain without triggering whatever that is in my brain that always needs more, and for that i am grateful.

SuicideAnomaly

i am an ex heroin, crack, and MDMA addict and i use both K***** and kava to help me with chronic pain and anxiety. unlike pain pills or heroin, which have no effect ceiling, plain leaf K***** does not offer increased rewards for higher doses past a certain point and is therefor, for me anyway, self-limiting. i am in no way saying that k* is innocuous or without issues or addiction potential but for me it is the easier softer way: it controls my pain without triggering whatever that is in my brain that always needs more, and for that i am grateful.
That's exactly how I feel about it.... the lesser of evils.

Poivrier

methystified
It's not that kind of buzz. People who take it know that it doesn't inebriate you. Therefore I think the addiction theories are mostly crap.
That is not true at all.
Maybe in your case K* isn't doing anything but this is irresponsible to say such things. I agree that it may be the lesser of evils, it should stay legal and available to people in need and that compared to classic opiates it's a walk in the park but it is still a real opioid addictive substance. Saying otherwise is just naive. ;)