What's new

Extended Release Kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
I was thinking the other day about how badly it sucks when I drink kava and get that kavain-kick and how quickly it dissipates, really irritates me. It feels so amazing at first and then into a tired, sluggish feel. Although, the anxiety is rather gone for the evening... so I was thinking how cool it would be if there was a way to invent some sort of time release kava capsule that would give a lengthy kavain kick and feed the kavain throughout the body over a period of time. Any ideas or input on this *crazy* sounding idea?

violet

Do all things with love
I've also found that splitting my kava around food works really well for me. Except that I'm drinking the first 2/3's of my grog over an hour, eat, and then I don't drink the last shell for a few more hours, usually pretty close to bed. I have found that this final shell gives me a bit more "kick" than I would expect from a single shell, and I am still using the same amount of kava I always have.

Perhaps you could try spacing shells out a little more? After a root session, you might be able to keep the the kavain-y effects going by augmenting with some extract or instant.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I think your problem is slamming all your kava down quickly. Believe it or not, kavain is sedating too, especially in high doses. Like others have suggested, split it up.

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
Ok - thanks for the tips guys. I have also been noticing that kava is making me extremely depressed lately. I have been using the same dosage, having the same diet, no new medications, etc. It's been making me more tired too and I think that this has an impact on the anxiety/depression. I don't know if it is messing up my GABA levels but it seems to level out after a few hours of drinking the kava. I also use the same kava either Boroguru, Fu'u, Solomons, or Nambawan. It kicks in 10 minutes after drinking and feels great for 5 minutes then it's like a massive comedown. I don't know what the issue is really.. I drink kava daily and sometimes twice a day... it really makes me not want to do kava anymore and I'd hate to leave it. Maybe I need a break from it? Any ideas? :(

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
yeah twice a day usage leads to negative effects like that. also if it makes you depressed, stay away from DHM/DHK kava. kava does increase levels of gaba, in a long term fashion, and it builds on itself, too much gaba activity will most certainly cause depression, (well technically gaba a activity, but i dont think kava has gaba b activity).

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
Do you have any idea how long it takes for the GABA to reset itself back to normal and or how long I should break for?

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Few days. Back when I had depression I noticed kava would at times make me more depressed, mainly heavy strains. But I also had low testosterone at the time so idk what was making that happen. Doesn't bother me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I drink 2x a day alot "doing it right now lol" and works for me.

Im all about a extended release version.
Or better yet, something with a long half life.
Id like to see a 12-16 hour half life.
Build it up in the plasma, and just stay rooted all the time! o_O

Last edited:

kavakavakrunk

Kava = Peace
endwatcher - can you elaborate on your methods i.e preparation, kava type, fav chemotype, dosage, quantities etc? I want to figure out what works best for people to avoid the depression and short-lived effects.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
@kavakavakrunk
I wrote a thread on how a prepare. Look up "Endwatchers prep method" or just click the link.

I try to stick with higher Kavain noble root.
I drink PKs Fijian, BKH's Fu'u alot of the time, but also Melo melo, Borogu all the good stuff.
I have no idea on the chemotype, you would have to ask Adil and Judd on that info.

Depending on the variety, but I drink around 1.5/2 cups mid day. and if its night, around 4
Keep in mind that I dont do this everyday, lol
I also drink more then a gallon of water a day.
I drink 1/2 cup, then wait 5 minutes drink another 1/2
Then I space my shell by 30 minutes.
After about 3 cups "at night" I can drink about 1/4 cup at a time.
It all depends on the variety.

I fast for atleast 2-3 hours, and wont eat anything else until late at night "oatmeal or alike"

I dont really like to think about it as "dosage" because then it starts to take the fun out of it. Haha
You have to remember, chill out and melt. And dont force it.
All things molt and merge into what is.

Sit back and enjoy the ride :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.