What's new

Extreme hardhead?

Hello lads,

I've been expermenting with kava for around 2 months now doing traditional prep with various types of kava: Kwk borongoro, Se botanical ritual blend (cant exactly remember the name), Wakacon Fiji Waka, dua na bilo-- yet I am having an issue where a whole pound of kava will be downed b4 I am having effects. In the past, I needed about a 1/4 of that for me to get where I needed (recovering alcoholic so perhaps I am looking for too much). Typically, I heat the water to as far as the tap can go and use half milk and water, with the kava bag (7 tbs full at least possibly more) sitting in the water for 3 minutes before the milk is added. I knead for around 10 - 15 minutes. I am truly trying to understand if it's just the RT or if I am just a hardhead (at the time of writing I did 3 days in a row to test this). I have looked a bit on these forums before so I know you guys are smart gents and may have an answer.

Thanks.
(Ps) sorry if I posted in the wrong spot.

tutti196

Kava Curious
I have the same problem, do you take any meds? or did you take any antidepressants? before I took antidepressants I got krunk at 40g now I dont get krunk at 100g in one go.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello lads,

I've been expermenting with kava for around 2 months now doing traditional prep with various types of kava: Kwk borongoro, Se botanical ritual blend (cant exactly remember the name), Wakacon Fiji Waka, dua na bilo-- yet I am having an issue where a whole pound of kava will be downed b4 I am having effects. In the past, I needed about a 1/4 of that for me to get where I needed (recovering alcoholic so perhaps I am looking for too much). Typically, I heat the water to as far as the tap can go and use half milk and water, with the kava bag (7 tbs full at least possibly more) sitting in the water for 3 minutes before the milk is added. I knead for around 10 - 15 minutes. I am truly trying to understand if it's just the RT or if I am just a hardhead (at the time of writing I did 3 days in a row to test this). I have looked a bit on these forums before so I know you guys are smart gents and may have an answer.

Thanks.
(Ps) sorry if I posted in the wrong spot.
Have you ever tried Nakamal at Home's Stone Kava? This is one I always suggest when people say they're having a hard time feeling the effects, as it's 100% lateral root Vanuatu kava.

I do take gabapentin once a day but nothing else. I haven't started any new medication or anything since the days of less consumption = effects I'm looking for. Also, I haven't tried that one yet but I will certainly look into it for when my next paycheck comes through. (I prefer heady, sedating kava that is pretty potent.)

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Keep drinking 1/4lb or less at a time. Brew your 113g in 4L water to maintain or 2L to knock out at any cost. Drink water with your kava! Roots are of high value, over time you will adjust. How quickly do you drink 1/4lb root? How much water do you prep it with?

Keep drinking 1/4lb or less at a time. Brew your 113g in 4L water to maintain or 2L to knock out at any cost. Drink water with your kava! Roots are of high value, over time you will adjust. How quickly do you drink 1/4lb root? How much water do you prep it with?
I drink it within a few minutes of making it and a 1/4 pound would likely take me an hour of making plus drinking. I believe I use about 6 oz of water and 6 oz of milk-- I have heard that fatty cow milk aids in the process.