F it. I’m wash and tossing.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Grossness +50%
Potency +80%
Prep time -90%
Amount consumed -50%

I can live with these numbers
May I suggest if you are starting with medium grind, that you buy yourself a blade coffee grinder and make your own microgrind. It won't have the heavier makas removed as some vendors do for their micro - but it will be easier to get down.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That can't ever be called kind on your stomach but as @kastom_lif suggests watch out for the dehydration and dermo and if it works for you then go for it.

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
I have strong doubts about the +80% potency claim.
I am definitely exaggerating. It’s closer to 50% increase compared to the same amount in an Alu Ball. I can’t remember the last time I had the motivation to hand knead.

Quick question for you Kojo while I have you here. Do you or anyone else ever feel strung out the next day after a big night? Like tired yet restless.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I am definitely exaggerating. It’s closer to 50% increase compared to the same amount in an Alu Ball. I can’t remember the last time I had the motivation to hand knead.

Quick question for you Kojo while I have you here. Do you or anyone else ever feel strung out the next day after a big night? Like tired yet restless.
This has happened to me if I had very heady kavas too close to bed time - I sleep but not well, with lots of REM dream sleep and lots of waking up, but not much deep sleep. The next day I can still feel "buzzy" and "wired" but exhausted as well.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur

The answer is yes and no. With a strong Kava (9%+ kavalactones) I can typically get some pretty intense next day afterglow. That's fine when it's a Saturday, but not so great at work. If I'm at work, I definitely get restless and anxious because it's more difficult to focus. If I'm at home and just lollygagging then it doesn't really make me feel uncomfortable. That's why I like to use terms like "weekday Kava" and "weekend Kava." It can also have the unexpected effect of actually making my workday slightly easier when I'm not working on a massive proposal or a detailed theoretical innovation...