What's new

Favorite Kavas to mix with extracts?

Ethan

Kava Curious
What's up fellow kava drinkers?
So, question of the day: what is your FAVORITE kava to Mix with extracts? I'm specifically talking about the Paradise Kava Extracts. I ordered a few varieties of GHKs micronized strains(Moi, Mahakea, and Nene) so I'm fairly stoked to try to experience those strains in combination with the Paradise kava extract(Honey Lemon). Anyone ever tried those specific combinations?
Speaking of, what's the best way to take the extract? Just make a ball and toss it in my mouth? Oh the questions this newcomer has....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey @Ethan. A few years ago I fell into the routine of always taking extract before my kava to bump it up a notch. It works really well to take a kava session from a 5 to a 8. I didn't put too much thought into the type of kava I was drinking because at that point I was only drinking Boroguru from Bula Kava House.

I would say mixing Moi with extract would be a super heady experience. Mahakea with extract would be a medium to heady experience. Nene would be slightly more weighted to the sedative side, but still heady due to the extract. I guess what I'm trying to say is it goes well with whatever type of kava you drink with it. Great stuff.

The best way to take the extract is to take a 1/4-1/3 teaspoon, put it under your tongue, let it dissolve for about 5 minutes or so, then chase it down the hatch.

Ethan

Kava Curious
Awesome! Thanks for the info kapm! I'll definitely be trying the moi and extract together soon :)

Ethan

Kava Curious
Just got off of work after an incredibly stressful 12 hours, so I had to get some kavalactones in my system. I did 1.5 tablespoons of the micronized mo'i, and 1.5 tablespoons of the micronized Nene, along with 1/2 teaspoon of the honey and lemon extract. INCREDIBLY krunked! Can't walk straight, super heady Buzz, etc. Very energetic. Not sedative in any way. The only negative aspect is the nausea. Its pretty bad, but aside from that, I'm loving this combo!
Thanks again for the advice kap'm! Loving this combo