What's new

Fed Up Of Drinking Kava.. Can i just Ingest the pure powder ??

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I recently had a mold taken of my teeth with the clay substance and to me that is what Kava taste like.

On a side note I am doing the instant tonight and so far going well, much, much, better than the fiasco I had with the stone, that stuff is no joke and not to be played with

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I recently had a mold taken of my teeth with the clay substance and to me that is what Kava taste like.

On a side note I am doing the instant tonight and so far going well, much, much, better than the fiasco I had with the stone, that stuff is no joke and not to be played with
That supports the "wet cement" taste from the earlier post.
I am glad I started out with extracts and instants before trying the real root. So it's good to see you making positive progress!!

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
From what I've heard the stone isn't a great powder to start with ..I've never tried instants yet tho! I drank 5 shells of strong melo melo and I think I'm tapping out ..I've reached my optimum level before I hit a kava coma !!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I have only done half the recommended dose of what the instant calls for going slow and seems much better. I believe I may have gotten way to much potency with the stone. My throat was so numb it hurt to the point I mixed the stone with almond milk just to get it down. The whole straining process is a bit much for me with all the time it takes. This instant is a pleasure to drink after the other, and the effects so far seem much better than liquid extracts I have tried from Gaia, Herb Pharm, and Yogi tea kava. Hopefully will wake up tomorrow feeling better than I did after the stone!

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I had a similar experience with a kava that shouldn't by all accounts have made me feel so terrible the day after . I've been slowly working my way up and finding my happy spot . I've somewhat learned to listen to my body when it's time to shut it down or have another .

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
You can buy rootlets, last time I checked. I have a bag, and I've fed it to Alzheimer's Lady. She likes it better than the beverage.

I still can't wrap my head around it.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
New to using kava... Boy I was gagging like drinking cheap tequila today. I am replacing my pain meds with kava... I am experimenting with dosage of the powder though...
At first, Kava was pretty hard for me to swallow. I had to chase it with some juice. However, now I enjoy the taste -- especially the lighter ones like Cactus Lao Lowana. The hardest one for me to drink so far is Stone. It has a pretty aggressive component to it that I understand is more of the "peppery" side of Kava.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I just get instant from ghk and use gel caps and a packer. Cram about five of those down your gullet and your off. If your a bull head and need a lot of kava, this can be a bit costly. Powder city has some cheap, but usable ones. Update site closed down...

Last edited:

WaltonGroggins

a.k.a. "Kount Grogula"
What avahZ said.

I only need 2-3tsp of instant Pouni Ono (KWK) or micro Mahakea (GHK) if I take it on an empty stomach. You can probably fit a tsp or more in each capsule, depending on the size and how tight you pack it.

I just get instant from ghk and use gel caps and a packer. Cram about five of those down your gullet and your off. If your a bull head and need a lot of kava, this can be a bit costly. Powder city has some cheap, but usable ones. http://www.powdercity.com/products/encapsulation-kit

lonnyzone

Kava Enthusiast
@verticity would know better than I do, but I think I've heard that this can lead to the ingestion of Flavokawain B (a hepatoxic compound) that would be absent in the traditionally prepared beverage. That being said, many have consumed lots of micro and lived along with their liver to tell the tale, so maybe I'm overhyping the risk.

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity would know better than I do, but I think I've heard that this can lead to the ingestion of Flavokawain B (a hepatoxic compound) that would be absent in the traditionally prepared beverage. That being said, many have consumed lots of micro and lived along with their liver to tell the tale, so maybe I'm overhyping the risk.
It's not true that FKB is absent in traditionally prepared kava, although they are low enough that you shouldn't really worry. It is true that FKB is not water soluble, but kava also contains suspended particles that contain all the same stuff in the root including FKB. In fact FKB levels have been measured in instant kava (which is deyhdrated traditionally prepared fresh kava) and are similar to levels in medium grind. (They can actually be higher in instant depending on the processing method)