What's new

Fed Up Of Drinking Kava.. Can i just Ingest the pure powder ??

lonnyzone

Kava Enthusiast
It's not true that FKB is absent in traditionally prepared kava, although they are low enough that you shouldn't really worry. It is true that FKB is not water soluble, but kava also contains suspended particles that contain all the same stuff in the root including FKB. In fact FKB levels have been measured in instant kava (which is deyhdrated traditionally prepared fresh kava) and are similar to levels in medium grind. (They can actually be higher in instant depending on the processing method)
Whoops. Question about that last part: were FKB levels measured in dry powder or in a liquid preparation?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Whoops. Question about that last part: were FKB levels measured in dry powder or in a liquid preparation?
Dry powder, but it's been dehydrated after passing through a filter, so it's the same stuff you would consume when you drink traditionally prepared kava.

Hi guys.

I love kava but im having real trouble drinking kava now, i can drink 1 or 2 tiny bowls but after that i start feeling sick, not due to the kava itself, just the taste of the kava when its mixed together with water or any other liquid, i cant stomach it anymore.

I take about 7 different supplements that taste awful and worse than Kava.. e.g Choline, TMG, Glycine, Vitamin B5 powder + more. They are all in powder form and taste awful.
I have found a way to ingest awful tasting powders,
Instead of mixing with water, i just put the powder straight in my mouth and then down with water..

My question is:
Is it safe to just consume pure kava powder without straining ??

Im really getting fed up with the whole straining process and the taste of kava mixed with water or other liquids. So im just going to consume Kava by basically swallowing the powder.. Is this ok??

Cheers.
Chew the root

Tholman

Kava Curious
Ginger for nausea and something strong and good tasting to chase it with. Ginger root beer is a two-in-one. Don't breathe, at least not through your nose, before taking the chaser and swishing it in your mouth to clear the taste . Putting it in capsules is also a good idea.