What's new

Figuring our what works for me. Progress

Kelmitchell

Kava Curious
So I got my new bag of kava today ( my second one) And I did the whole needing in water thing and drank it all up. I was really sad cause I didn't get the results I was expecting. I was still having that slight anxiety feeling at random time ( im a former heavy benzo user) and I been detoxing on K@ for 5 days ( really bad withdraws when you where taking 45 grams a day) I almost just went back. But then I watched a video on prepping kava with a fat source and oh boy does it work. I made it with olive oil, lime juice, hazel nut syrup, whole mike and water and 6 tea spoons and it worked like a charm. Keep in mind I only can take 1-2 once shots at a time I cant drink this stuff or norm way its so nasty tasting. But i Think ima stock up for the month. Any ideas on pain and anxiety kavas?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
It's true that many kavalactones aren't water-soluble but they are fat soluble! The taste of kava is pretty brutal which is why you pound your cups/shells of kava. Taking your time drinking a quantity of kava makes it less enjoyable if you haven't acquired a taste or kava yet. I've had cups of kava measuring no more than 8 fl oz at a time. I space these out around 15-20 minutes per cup.

Some people have reverse tolerance (frequently abbreviated here as "RT") of kava and it may take you X amount of sessions (it varies per person) to get you feeling desirable effects on a topical week night session. Many here advise those starting out to do 2 to 4 tbsp of kava per liter of liquid. If you're aiming to use something fat soluble, it may be cost-effective to mix in some whole milk or some other fat rather than doing ALL fat liquid. If the grog really tastes nasty, chase each cup with some of your lime juice and/or hazel nut syrup. I've found when I tried to mix in other things into my grog it only masks the taste or makes a new kind of nasty rather than making it taste better. Up the quantity of kava powder only once you're confident of the weakness of 2-4 tbsps. The problem with starting at higher quantities is you may be overdoing it by the time you get through RT and that can cause some undesirable effects.

If you're finding you aren't getting desirable affects with one variety of kava, try another brand of medium grind. It may help you acquire a taste for kava since you'll acquire a better spectrum of flavors and effects on the mind and body. You may like Melo Melo but find Nambawan revolting or vise versa. You'll also find that with a selection of kava in your cabinet you can also mix and match quantities to get new effects. Sample packs are your friends if a particular merchant offers those so that you can ease off the wallet while trying new kinds of kava.

As for your benzo and K@ use, I don't know if you're still actively using either of these or if you're currently at kava use only, but try to stick with just kava for a while. It takes time and a bit of commitment to see how kava works. A month should be a sufficient amount of time to determine whether kava is for you or not. If you're trying to ward away anxiety, try doing other things to help you relax between your cups of kava. Listen to some music, watch TV, play a game that doesn't normally cause you stress. Kava isn't going to completely help your anxiety. Like any other substance, whether prescribed or not, it is there only to help you cope so that you can more easily reach a solution to your anxiety issues. Kava helps you help yourself.

But kava shouldn't be just a way to get out. Kava does many other wonderful things. If you like kava enough, keep it in your life after your anxiety is thoroughly subdued. It may help you make friends, more fully enable introspection, or else help you grasp at the intricacies that is living as a human being. The Pacific Islanders have known this for a long time and it's great they are willing to pass this on to us.

Welcome to Kava Forums. We're here to help you on your kava journey, however long it lasts. :)

++Thought for the Day: The world shapes us just as we shape it. Don't be caught without your tools!++

Last edited:

Kelmitchell

Kava Curious
So after doing this last night I still felt some of the effect waking up and didn't like that. Im trying mixing some drink mox with the norm 4 scoop needing method. Im drinking it right now and you cant even taste the kava taste!. I think if you read the other things I posted about my addiction prob I was trying to just get real high. And I did. I didnt like it. But the other issue I had with it was the flavor but now I think I may have fixed that. While I work on dealing with all chasing the dragon if you get what I mean. So. But now im relaxing watching some Netflix Taking a Cup of 6 ounce of kava every 30-45 mins. I mixed lemonade powder in so I dont get grossed out and thats all. the crap I made the other night tasted like a milk shake. Thanks guys.

Kari

Kava Curious
It's true that many kavalactones aren't water-soluble but they are fat soluble! The taste of kava is pretty brutal which is why you pound your cups/shells of kava. Taking your time drinking a quantity of kava makes it less enjoyable if you haven't acquired a taste or kava yet. I've had cups of kava measuring no more than 8 fl oz at a time. I space these out around 15-20 minutes per cup.

Some people have reverse tolerance (frequently abbreviated here as "RT") of kava and it may take you X amount of sessions (it varies per person) to get you feeling desirable effects on a topical week night session. Many here advise those starting out to do 2 to 4 tbsp of kava per liter of liquid. If you're aiming to use something fat soluble, it may be cost-effective to mix in some whole milk or some other fat rather than doing ALL fat liquid. If the grog really tastes nasty, chase each cup with some of your lime juice and/or hazel nut syrup. I've found when I tried to mix in other things into my grog it only masks the taste or makes a new kind of nasty rather than making it taste better. Up the quantity of kava powder only once you're confident of the weakness of 2-4 tbsps. The problem with starting at higher quantities is you may be overdoing it by the time you get through RT and that can cause some undesirable effects.

If you're finding you aren't getting desirable affects with one variety of kava, try another brand of medium grind. It may help you acquire a taste for kava since you'll acquire a better spectrum of flavors and effects on the mind and body. You may like Melo Melo but find Nambawan revolting or vise versa. You'll also find that with a selection of kava in your cabinet you can also mix and match quantities to get new effects. Sample packs are your friends if a particular merchant offers those so that you can ease off the wallet while trying new kinds of kava.

As for your benzo and K@ use, I don't know if you're still actively using either of these or if you're currently at kava use only, but try to stick with just kava for a while. It takes time and a bit of commitment to see how kava works. A month should be a sufficient amount of time to determine whether kava is for you or not. If you're trying to ward away anxiety, try doing other things to help you relax between your cups of kava. Listen to some music, watch TV, play a game that doesn't normally cause you stress. Kava isn't going to completely help your anxiety. Like any other substance, whether prescribed or not, it is there only to help you cope so that you can more easily reach a solution to your anxiety issues. Kava helps you help yourself.

But kava shouldn't be just a way to get out. Kava does many other wonderful things. If you like kava enough, keep it in your life after your anxiety is thoroughly subdued. It may help you make friends, more fully enable introspection, or else help you grasp at the intricacies that is living as a human being. The Pacific Islanders have known this for a long time and it's great they are willing to pass this on to us.

Welcome to Kava Forums. We're here to help you on your kava journey, however long it lasts. :)

++Thought for the Day: The world shapes us just as we shape it. Don't be caught without your tools!++
I am starting out at 1 T ( twice in one session ) of Micronized Borongoru ( Kalm with Kava) I have felt nothing- maybe some tiredness? I am not getting nauseated with it. I am also taking 1 heaping T of Pouni Ono micronized in the morning- I am still nauseated and I took it at 5:30am ( it is 10:30am here) What are your suggestions?

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I always space out my shells anywhere from 15 mins to 30 mins apart. I think kava is one of those things that you need to build up to. I never have a good experience if I rush it.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I am starting out at 1 T ( twice in one session ) of Micronized Borongoru ( Kalm with Kava) I have felt nothing- maybe some tiredness? I am not getting nauseated with it. I am also taking 1 heaping T of Pouni Ono micronized in the morning- I am still nauseated and I took it at 5:30am ( it is 10:30am here) What are your suggestions?
1 T as in 1 (One) Tablespoon? If that's the case, you can probably up your quantity of powder to 2-3 tbsp's. Try 2 and work your way to 3. You say you felt tiredness. Borongoru is a heavy kava and I think you're feeling the effects that Kalm with Kava says it has. If you have an open weekend day, try drinking Borongoru using 3-4tbsp to see if you can feel a sedative, calming effect. Maybe aim for a late-afternoon kava session so that you can let the heaviness carry you to bed by the time evening hits. Just make sure to eat something after a few cups!

You say the Pouni Ono makes you nauseated hours after drinking it? Try mixing it with borongoru later in the day, maybe do a ratio of 2 parts of borongoru with 1 part pouni. It sounds like a little Pouni goes a long way for you. You may want to consider trying other heady kavas as well, see if those varieties don't make you nauseated. If you still feel nauseated even with the pouni mixed in with the borongoru, perhaps the former is not for you. As for drinking this in the morning, is there any reason why? Kava is overall sedative. I'd want to perk up in the morning myself and save the kava for the end of the work day.

(Sorry for the slow reply! I hadn't logged in lately)

Kari

Kava Curious
Thank you for responding! I was told that Pouni is a daytime kava and can uplift your mood. Would I be able to switch to the kavalactone paste? I took 2 tablespoons lastnight and I don't think I felt anything.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I just appreciate any help I can get! I don't want to give up on kava!
It took me two month to breakthrough the reverse tolerance thing. But what is funny is that the first effect I've notice was during the first month if it make any sense. In fact, Kava affect me and my wife on the global scale in such a nice way. We discovered us back to a general way less stressed persons, for the good of our children's ;)
The acute effect and buzz arrived later on but the subtil effect discribed before were already convincing us to keep going with Kava.
What a gift to feel these chill state while drinking now!