What's new

Fiji Loa Vs. Pouni Ono

Which Kava do you enjoy most

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Which do you prefer? I think theyre my two favorite at the moment. I'm trying to determine which will be called my "go-to."

exit stage left
I'm expecting a shipment of Pouni Ono this week, and am just finishing off an order of Fiji Loa Waka, so I'll be sure to vote once I've tried the Pouni Ono. The Fiji Loa Waka is a favourite of mine.

exit stage left
initial reaction - the Pouni Ono is less immediately heady than the Fiji Loa Waka. Both give me a bit of nausea. Not sure which one I prefer yet, will have to give it tonight and see, but the Pouni Ono seems to be desireable in a completely different way than the Loa Waka. I can see enjoying them both for different reasons.

Second notes: I am enjoying the Pouni Ono. I find it less heady than the Fiji Loa Waka - that one was so heady that sometimes I felt more tense after drinking it. The Pouni Ono also takes less to get me to a good place, which is better for my wallet.

Last edited:

YogaNatureLvr

Kava Enthusiast
For me, the Fiji is a morning kava and the Pouni is an afternoon kava. (The Borongoru would be the evening kava. :)) The Pouni isn't so sedative that I can't still work, but it has a bit more of a relaxation effect (to me) than the Fiji. If I wanted to be more "up," then I would take the Fiji. Also, I like the flavor of the Pouni slightly more.

In short:
Buenos dias = Fiji
Buenas tardes = Pouni
Buenas noches = Borongoru

4bikes

I like them both but leaned a bit toward Pouni Ono. I'm probably more likely to switch back and forth rather than stay with one or the other. The variety can be nice.

exit stage left
Just another report now that I've had a few days - the Pouni Ono is pretty solidly my favourite. I'm a lightweight, and the Loa Waka was almost too heady. The Pouni Ono is more balanced for me, which I like. I think it will be my go-to kava.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Kind of strange but lately the Fiji has started to make me feel tense and anxious after drinking it. I get this unwanted effect from stone and koniak also. The Pouni is definitely my favorite at the moment. It fills me with bliss and makes me social. And Im not social normally by any means.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Kind of strange but lately the Fiji has started to make me feel tense and anxious after drinking it. I get this unwanted effect from stone and koniak also. The Pouni is definitely my favorite at the moment. It fills me with bliss and makes me social. And Im not social normally by any means.
I didn't feel like that on the Loa Waka but I have the same problem with a few certain roots too. Some root amps me up and makes me a ball of nerves and stress which is the total opposite effect of what I need and want from kava. Give the Cactus Fiji Loa Lawena a try, it's super heady without antsy for me. It is so trippy how root is so different to people. Two shells of Pouni and I am sleeping on the couch.

YogaNatureLvr

Kava Enthusiast
@wormwood, I've had exactly the same reaction as you to Fiji and Stone. (Never tried Koniak.) I'm assuming it's the high yangonin (chemotype #3).

Pouni Ono is a great daytime kava for me, very social and uplifting.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I figured it out. I have to mix Fiji with Pouni. I bought two small bags of each one time and and just mixed the two of them together, not sure why lol. The drinks I made from that combo where the best effects I had ever gotten from kava. It made me super social and energetic at work, which is very important at my job as a Chiropractor. When it came time to re-order I thought, "well which do I order, I'm not sure which one was making me feel so good." I ordered the Fiji and started mixing it up. It was good, maybe a little jittery at times, but good, but I also thought, "I think it was the Pouni which was making me feel great." So I ordered some Pouni. When I got the pouni and started making I thought, "well again, this is good kava, but I miss that feeling I got a few weeks ago from those batches I was making." I thought that maybe I had just gotten an incredible once in a lifetime batch that one time. Then it dawned on me to try them both together again and SHABAAM! Yahtzee! That's the effect I was looking for. So to me, mixing pouni and Fiji gives a feeling like no other. Kava is a funny thing.

ta-va

Earth Bound
For me, the Fiji is a morning kava and the Pouni is an afternoon kava. (The Borongoru would be the evening kava. :)) The Pouni isn't so sedative that I can't still work, but it has a bit more of a relaxation effect (to me) than the Fiji. If I wanted to be more "up," then I would take the Fiji. Also, I like the flavor of the Pouni slightly more.

In short:
Buenos dias = Fiji
Buenas tardes = Pouni
Buenas noches = Borongoru
This sums it up for me! All three very good kavas and I just received my 1 pound of each from KWK just in time for Christmas! Fantastic! (y)

TikiGonzo

Kava Curious
I haven't had any of the heavier hitters yet, but I've almost killed both my tins of Fiji and Pouni. After all is said and done, I like Loa Waka, but I agree with @Shakas (eek, I don't know how to tag you!) that it is heavier. It also seems to sneak up on me in a way that pushes me beyond the productivity level I want to be at. Pouni, on the other hand, seems to give me energy and a mindfulness more conducive to work (and or impromptu dance party to Beck). I will definitely be keeping Pouni in my stable, but maybe not Loa just because my budget only goes so far, and I have to pick and choose. Were I a decadent millionaire, I'd keep all the Kava all the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.