What's new

Finally broke through reverse tolerance

Phogi

I've been experimenting with various herbal this and that in an attempt to curb PTSD symptoms. I'd been "treating" it with Alcohol but that just makes it worse.

Kava seemed promising but had little effect. I first put it directly in hot tea (no effect), then Aluballs (mild effect), then hand-prep (mild effect), then blender & filter (moderate effect, owing to amount). I finally had it with the prep and just decided to eat a spoonful.

Thinking about the old-school trad prep that involved chewing, I chewed a tablespoon, really chewing the crap out of it and swallowing. Nice effect. It was a heady kava (pouni ono) The next day, I did the same with smaller amounts (teaspoon). Whether because of the heady kava or the method of ingestion, I felt...calm like I have not been in years. Sudden noises don't make me jolt. I don't feel intoxicated. Bad thoughts in my head...gone. Anxiety and tension in conversations...gone.

I feel like myself for the first time in years.

So my experiments are now going to revolve around Kava. Currently I've been drinking herbal teas of skullcap, damania, mugwort, California poppy. I think I'll eliminate those and see if Kava alone is all I need. Would love to hear other people's experience with combinations.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've been experimenting with various herbal this and that in an attempt to curb PTSD symptoms. I'd been "treating" it with Alcohol but that just makes it worse.

Kava seemed promising but had little effect. I first put it directly in hot tea (no effect), then Aluballs (mild effect), then hand-prep (mild effect), then blender & filter (moderate effect, owing to amount). I finally had it with the prep and just decided to eat a spoonful.

Thinking about the old-school trad prep that involved chewing, I chewed a tablespoon, really chewing the crap out of it and swallowing. Nice effect. It was a heady kava (pouni ono) The next day, I did the same with smaller amounts (teaspoon). Whether because of the heady kava or the method of ingestion, I felt...calm like I have not been in years. Sudden noises don't make me jolt. I don't feel intoxicated. Bad thoughts in my head...gone. Anxiety and tension in conversations...gone.

I feel like myself for the first time in years.

So my experiments are now going to revolve around Kava. Currently I've been drinking herbal teas of skullcap, damania, mugwort, California poppy. I think I'll eliminate those and see if Kava alone is all I need. Would love to hear other people's experience with combinations.
Having broken RT you can now drink grog and it should have the effect. Make some grog with the AluBall and it should work!

Phogi

Having broken RT you can now drink grog and it should have the effect. Make some grog with the AluBall and it should work!
Thanks, I will try that over the holidays. For now eating it is working well as I enjoy the chewing aspect of it.

Interestingly, I have a teeth grinding habit that I’ve tried to stop for years. Eating Kava makes that stop as well.

At this point I want to know what is in this plant. I’ve been struggling hard for years and it just blows me away feeling normal again.

I’m curious how many people use this plant medicinally like this? I’m taking a teaspoon every 6 hours or so.