What's new

First dose tonight.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Heaping tablespoon or level?
Down to personal choice once you have some experience but to start with go with heaping... it seems to be the standard international measurement for kava... unless you start using cups...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Venture Brothers is rad.

I'm drinking the Hanakapi'ai hair root grind tonight.

I should weigh my kava, but I don't have a gram scale. I use 3 colossally heaping tablespoons of kava to 3 cups of water these days. In actual measured tablespoons, that's probably about 6 or 7. I haven't changed that in a year. That seems to be my number.

Kavabama

Kava Curious
Venture Brothers is rad.
I'm drinking the Hanakapi'ai hair root grind tonight.

I should weigh my kava, but I don't have a gram scale. I use 3 colossally heaping tablespoons of kava to 3 cups of water these days. In actual measured tablespoons, that's probably about 6 or 7. I haven't changed that in a year. That seems to be my number.
I'm feeling great 3 shells in used 5 tablespoon s to 3 cups water. Have been thinking it in 6 oz increments every 25-30 mins. Def feeling that 3rd shell coming on. I think I've found my new thing. I don't think reverse tolerance is major for me which is awesome. Kava rocks. BULA! Also Venture Brothers is the greatest ever!

Attachments

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Lucky duck. It took me two weeks of swilling muddy water before the epiphany.

Heavy precedes heavy, in my experience. If you're getting heady, you're there.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
If it's already prepped, and there's any question. Yes, one more. I definitely know when I'm good and don't go a shell too far. Usually.

Kavabama

Kava Curious
If it's already prepped, and there's any question. Yes, one more. I definitely know when I'm good and don't go a shell too far. Usually.
This seems like it could sneak up on you a bit though lol. I think waiting 30 mins between shells was the way to go.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This seems like it could sneak up on you a bit though lol. I think waiting 30 mins between shells was the way to go.
Quite often I'll leave an hour between but then I like a good big shell to start with rather than putting in smaller amounts in increments.