What's new

First ever shell of kava

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
So i double balled squanch in 500ml of water and did a second wash in 300ml earlier this morning and left it in the fridge.

Just got back from work and did 2 shells from my alubottle of the first wash. It tasted pretty crap but definitely not as bad as i thought it would taste.

Now, just sat feeling relaxed with some numb lips and back of throat waiting for the magic to happen

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
What kind of kava did you get and are you feeling any effects?
I got squanch waka, i did 2 shells an hour ago and just finished off the rest of the 500ml of the first wash over the space of the hour. Got another 300ml of second wash to go yet.

So im feeling pretty relaxed listening to some music but nothing really noticable otherwise yet.
Hopefully start feeling something more pronounced soon.

Should i keep doing shells or wait for something to happen?

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
So, just got out of the shower and had shell no 5. Starting to feel a very mild marijuana type of high coming on. Anxiety is completely gone and feeling really relaxed. Im actually pretty hungry surprisingly as i havent eaten in 6 hours.
See what the rest of the night brings but i think ill hold off on any more shells for the time being.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
That's it all finished so just brewed up another 2tbs in one aluball.
Feeling something now, my body is starting to get relaxed/warm fuzzy feelings in the back of my head.
I'm guessing that I'm working through a bit of reverse tolerance here.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
Thats me finished 6tbs and ill quit for the night now. Been starving all night and just had to eat something.
Effects seem to have died off a bit now.

Hoping im not going to have to deal with this reverse tolerance for too long.
How long does it usually last out of interest?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That's it all finished so just brewed up another 2tbs in one aluball.
Feeling something now, my body is starting to get relaxed/warm fuzzy feelings in the back of my head.
I'm guessing that I'm working through a bit of reverse tolerance here.
also, those are actually pretty low doses. If you double ball 4TBS Squanch in 500 ml and chug that down in the span of 5 or 10 minutes, you would feel something a lot stronger. And when I want to get really krunk I'll have 4 TBS Squanch in about 200 ml water, but that's hardcore.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thats me finished 6tbs and ill quit for the night now. Been starving all night and just had to eat something.
Effects seem to have died off a bit now.

Hoping im not going to have to deal with this reverse tolerance for too long.
How long does it usually last out of interest?
2 weeks seems to be the average. I was 2 months and my son was zero time, no RT at all, so there's some commonly wide ranges out there but I believe around 2 weeks to be the average.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
also, those are actually pretty low doses. If you double ball 4TBS Squanch in 500 ml and chug that down in the span of 5 or 10 minutes, you would feel something a lot stronger. And when I want to get really krunk I'll have 4 TBS Squanch in about 200 ml water, but that's hardcore.
I made 500ml with the 4tbs and another 300ml 2nd wash and chugged it over a couple of hours. Ill try and just down the full 500ml in 10 mins as you say. And then keep doin shells with the 2nd wash until i feel something tomorrow. Probably make another double ball batch for a total of 8tbs.

Once ive gotten past the reverse tolerance will i always need to be using this amount to get decent effects?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I made 500ml with the 4tbs and another 300ml 2nd wash and chugged it over a couple of hours. Ill try and just down the full 500ml in 10 mins as you say. And then keep doin shells with the 2nd wash until i feel something tomorrow. Probably make another double ball batch for a total of 8tbs.

Once ive gotten past the reverse tolerance will i always need to be using this amount to get decent effects?
well, as long as you can handle it that strong without ralphing. :)

Also, maybe you don't wanna get krunk, I don't know. But if you wanted a strong Squanch experience, yeah, that's a plan. Double ball 4TBS in 500ml water. Drink half, wait 5 - 10 minutes and drink the other half then wait 300 - 60 minutes before drinking any more. In the meantime, do a second ash with about 400 mls, and then after the waiting, drink half of that, then then final bit after another 20 - 60 minute wait, depending on how you feel. Should feel very good at that point, and if you like, make more, about that strength. That kind of dosage, the amounts, water ratio, and timing, are all good for "strong relaxation," or about as relaxed as you can be without tipping over into krunk. It sjhould feel really good, with no negatives except the taste. Drink Squanch lawena at work right now and the taste on that is great, although it does not have the kick of the Squanch waka.

As for quantities, yes, in general, that's what RT is about, not just feeling no effects, but also the phenomof needing less as you get acclimated, unlike with most other substances, which require larger quantities for same effect, your body's consumption and processing of kava tends to become more efficient over time. Again, as with most things kava related, diff. strokes for diff. folks, and some might never experience that wheras some folks might need less and less, and settle on some fairly small quantities. In my case, I take advantage of those efficiencies to be able to drink more kava, more often.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
well, as long as you can handle it that strong without ralphing. :)

Also, maybe you don't wanna get krunk, I don't know. But if you wanted a strong Squanch experience, yeah, that's a plan. Double ball 4TBS in 500ml water. Drink half, wait 5 - 10 minutes and drink the other half then wait 300 - 60 minutes before drinking any more. In the meantime, do a second ash with about 400 mls, and then after the waiting, drink half of that, then then final bit after another 20 - 60 minute wait, depending on how you feel. Should feel very good at that point, and if you like, make more, about that strength. That kind of dosage, the amounts, water ratio, and timing, are all good for "strong relaxation," or about as relaxed as you can be without tipping over into krunk. It sjhould feel really good, with no negatives except the taste. Drink Squanch lawena at work right now and the taste on that is great, although it does not have the kick of the Squanch waka.

As for quantities, yes, in general, that's what RT is about, not just feeling no effects, but also the phenomof needing less as you get acclimated, unlike with most other substances, which require larger quantities for same effect, your body's consumption and processing of kava tends to become more efficient over time. Again, as with most things kava related, diff. strokes for diff. folks, and some might never experience that wheras some folks might need less and less, and settle on some fairly small quantities. In my case, I take advantage of those efficiencies to be able to drink more kava, more often.
Ok sounds like a plan,

Id like to get as much as an effect as possible really so ill double ball as you say, then do a second wash and keep that to one side. Then i will repeat the process and chug the first washes until i feel something good saving the second washes for later on.
I really didnt have any problem getting it down last night with no nausia so ill see how this plays out.

Thanks for the advice its much appreciated.

Paul

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I would also add that for.me, passing this RT thing was also just listening to the kava. Yeah I know hat sounds pretty obscure, but as you keep going drunking kava you'll notice some sort of global posiitive changes happening.
For me, the first lovely benefit of this root was when I started to realized that in fact, even if I was considering myself as a non-dispressed, happy men... I was back on a state of mind that is really me. No more always on the edge of a rolling-and-growing snowball, a running cut-head chicken lol! I was more listening at my youger kids (that speaks in concert all the time), the habbit of opening a beer afterwork wasn't automatic.
Just for that, it appears to me that kava is a new long and good relationship that is on the go.
Then, a few month later, the bonus has happen. I've started to get hit by the kava with strond relaxation and gental euphoria. Exploring lots of cultivars became a passion.

So this is my story but it it diferent from people to people.

Paul Peno

Kava Curious
So a little update here, i followed Krunky Mc Krunkfaces advice and swilled 500ml of double ball first wash in one go. Then thought ah what the hell ill have another shell of first wash from my second batch i made. Well Im sat here now feeling pretty damn good, almost feels like coming up on ecstasy or MDMA back in my younger years.
Guess im through the reverse tolerance stage.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, this was brewed in 50/50 milk to water which actually made it taste a bit more palletable.

Got a fair bit of grog left here to get through so think im going to enjoy tonight!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Bula

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So a little update here, i followed Krunky Mc Krunkfaces advice and swilled 500ml of double ball first wash in one go. Then thought ah what the hell ill have another shell of first wash from my second batch i made. Well Im sat here now feeling pretty damn good, almost feels like coming up on ecstasy or MDMA back in my younger years.
Guess im through the reverse tolerance stage.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, this was brewed in 50/50 milk to water which actually made it taste a bit more palletable.

Got a fair bit of grog left here to get through so think im going to enjoy tonight!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Bula
excellent. Yup, looks like RT is in the rearview mirror now.

It can still be a surprise when kava feels so good., whether it's your 1st time or 100th time it's like "wow, I knew this was going to be good, but shucks, this is real real good." I like to reiterate whenever possible that kava should feel good, it should feel good all the time, every time. So if it isn't really enjoyable, then that's the head's up something ain't right and needs to be fixed.

Like with Squanch, it has never disappointed me, not once. But still, just about every time I'll drink some waka and really get that glow on and I'm still amazed at how good it is, every single time.

Last edited: