What's new

First Post!

modyblu

Hello Everyone,
I found this web site after learning about Kava. First, from what I have read I don't know if it can help me for what I first hoped that I could use it for.
I don't know how phobias or fears come, and I know that what I have is a learned phobia that I must learn to get rid of.
My problem is that when I travel by plane, I just get antsy when doors close. I guess this happened, as one time I was on plane that had to sit on tarmac for some time. I nearly had a full fledged panic attack.
I have flown many times and this is where I'm at now. I have vacation next month, and I'm looking forward of where I'm going, just not happy of having to fly there.
I just hoped that I could find some Kava tablets an hour before flight to chill me out. If I don't find a solution, I have no choice than go to my doctor and have him give me something that I really don't want to have to take.
I did buy some Kava tablets Dr. Elizabeth brand 1450mg containing 75mg kvalactones. I took only one the other night and it seemed to work a little bit.
Wife induced stress! I will try a couple next time.
What do y'all recommend that I can take just before flight and with me on trip and I can use on my flight back. Making some Kava Tea just doesn't seem like the way to go for me.
Thanks a lot!

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum. I know you are not the only one that has fear of flying and there are a million reasons why people worry about it. You seem be be claustrophobic, my wife, for example, just plain old fears for her ever loving life. But she also gets motion sickness too. If you do Kava for that kind of phobia, I suggest a heavy kava. If you're lucky, you might be able to take a cat nap during the flight and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
If you have time, order the kava candies from @Steve . They're awesome for stress. Think you can order right through the forum too

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi, you may also want to look into Instant kava and KWK concentrate. I am the same way with flying, so I can relate.

modyblu

Thanks a lot. It looks like instant is probably the way for me to go.
I just don't know how this has happened to me lately as I have flown a lot with no problems, just recently. Last year we went to Cancun and we went to Xcaret Park and went diving. One must wear device on head for the air. The first two or three minutes were rough but I calmed down and rather enjoyed it.
That was until my air stopped working then it was FULL fledged panic but I guess that any one would do the same.
That's me far left just before air went out, waiting as my wife has her picture taking. We were 40ft. down so one just can't remove helmet and swim to surface.
What is a good heady instant Kava?
ST11_250516-141216 (1).jpg