What's new

First Time experiencing ISA Kava/ Tips

Transcent

Kava saved my life
It did however kick my normal low grade dermo (i.e. general dry hands, eyes, and torso) into full blown dermo (shedding skin like a snowstorm)after just one night of 4-6TBS.
./QUOTE]
Oh yeah dude, I was shedding like a snake after. You are not alone

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
How many isa and tudei varieties have been documented? I see a lot less mention of varieties of these, just the umbrella categories. You mentioned a PNG variety of isa and a Hawaiian isa. Are the other isas? What about tudeis? Wouldn't mind some literature.
There are a few things floating about but most of the literature available is skewed against tudei and isa. Without a doubt there are some kavas out there that would make you really sick but there are obviously a few that are well tolerated in sensible doses.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
By "these kavas" you mean different brands of isa or different tudeis? If the latter then your assessment might change if you ever try any of the worse tudeis. I might still have some of that tudei that sent my mate to a hospital. While isa might be relatively benign when consumed in moderation and in a traditional form, some tudeis clearly arent, as experienced by yours truly.
My goodness! Did you have this stuff tested? What problems did your friend have? Gut issues?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Quite a few people got sick from that batch. Not just me and my kava circle, but also lots if fofum members. It was sold as "noble" by a very known vendor. It turned out to be a nasty tudei. Gary confirned it was tudei with a tudei chemotype or potentially wild but nobody confirmed the variety. I personally got the shits and felt super lethargic and poisoned for days. My mate couldnt stop shitting and vomiting and ended up being taken to the hospital to avoid severe dehydration. Others experienced several days of terrible hangovers. We had a modest dose, max 20-30g per person.

I should actually be grateful for that experience cuz it clearly demonstrated to me that tudei has no place in the proper kava market and that at the very least it should not receove the same legal recognition as noble.
Nobody is wanting to drink that tudei but with over 100 recognized cultivars there is a middle ground and that is what some of us want to see further explored.

As far as legal recognition, I'm sure that some areas will be able to make a legal distinction between noble from non noble but I have yet to see a plan to make that a reality in the US.