What's new

First time....

karly

The fluffy pic.
They are always accepting if they know what the alternative is. "Wifey, I'm going to give you 2 options. I could drink 6 scotches and tell get after you for everything from A to Z or I can have Kava and relax in the couch and actually listen to your checklist of problems only because I'm too lazy to get off the couch and I'm actually trapped in the couch. So which option do you like best?" Yeh, they are accepting alright. :D
LOL :D

D

Deleted User01

@karly, so you felt a little sicky poo huh? Well now you need to switch kavas every night and tell us if some make you more sicky than others. And I think the rest of the group here knows where I am going with this but we'll just let it play out. Here is a suggestion, I think the Nambawan scored ok on Deleted User's test so try that next.

karly

The fluffy pic.
@karly, so you felt a little sicky poo huh? Well now you need to switch kavas every night and tell us if some make you more sicky than others. And I think the rest of the group here knows where I am going with this but we'll just let it play out. Here is a suggestion, I think the Nambawan scored ok on Deleted User's test so try that next.
Isn't the Nambawan the big boy kava! I mean, isn't it for those who have graduated? lol

And tell me what you mean by the group knows? I think I know what you're talking about, at least I think by my research of the purity and what not. Honestly, there is no way I will continue to drink something that makes me sick to my stomach. I spent 5 years figuring out how to win that battle so yes, I do think I need to keep testing but Nambawan! Haha!

~Kava ♥ ~

D

Deleted User01

The 11 year year old is also considered "big boy". So go through the progression and let's see what happens. Some kavas may give you nausea and others may not. Do one shell at a time and space them 20 minutes apart. I would say 3 doses is plenty until you get a handle on the all the effects and side effects. If you are not up to powder today, then try the instant. Sorry, but we love it when we have a human guinea pig who has no pre-concieved ideas. You are the perfect Kava Lab rat because of that. But of course go slow.

karly

The fluffy pic.
The 11 year year old is also considered "big boy". So go through the progression and let's see what happens. Some kavas may give you nausea and others may not. Do one shell at a time and space them 20 minutes apart. I would say 3 doses is plenty until you get a handle on the all the effects and side effects. If you are not up to powder today, then try the instant. Sorry, but we love it when we have a human guinea pig who has no pre-concieved ideas. You are the perfect Kava Lab rat because of that. But of course go slow.
LOL.... otay! I'll be the guinea pig but truly I'd rather be a lab bunny.

I'm going to do the Nambawan later on today. Thanks for all the help/input!

~Kava ♥ ~

kavapup

Kava Curious
I felt very heavy headed the first four or five times I drank kava. I slowly increased the dose each time, hoping to feel more of the "happy" effects, and it wasn't until I drank the last batch I had left that I started to "feel the kava". At first it was almost like pouring a cup of instant hangover. Perhaps that is just how my body reacted to the reverse tolerance? I have more kava coming in the mail which I am looking forward to. Keep trying... eventually your body will learn to work with the kava instead of against it.

@Deleted User01 I don't really recall it affecting my sleep too much, but I have a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, so that could be the reason I didn't have much of a sleep reaction. I also drank my kava in the late afternoon. Perhaps next time I'll try some closer to bedtime, and see what happens then.

D

Deleted User01

Hey @Deleted User, can Karly be a "Lab Bunny" instead of a "Lab Rat"? Do you have any leeway when it comes to that sort of thing? It's out of my hands ... let's see what Deleted User says.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I'm hiding this from my man too, he's so damn conservative and knows I'm the artsy side while he's the brainiac side.
Not good. The reason I say this is that the queen can be a monumental buzzkill. There's nothing quite like loud, or bright, or obnoxiously urgent, to just kill the buzz. This can create a grumpy reaction that is the opposite of intended. I've done wonders working with the queen on lighting (even if it means wearing shades), media consumption, and making sure I drink cultivars that aren't too "heavy."

Letting someone know that you're krunk, and you could be very nice to them or you could be very irritable, depending on how they honor the kava. If he gives you any flak, tell him you've converted to the John Frum Movement and if he doesn't step off you're going to leave the Frummist equivalent of Chick Tracts in the bathroom and ask him if he's received Philip as his Royal Prince and Cargomaster.

There are several videos to chose from, but here's one you can show him that's under 10 minutes and shows kava as a culturally acceptable norm.

karly

The fluffy pic.
I felt very heavy headed the first four or five times I drank kava. I slowly increased the dose each time, hoping to feel more of the "happy" effects, and it wasn't until I drank the last batch I had left that I started to "feel the kava". At first it was almost like pouring a cup of instant hangover. Perhaps that is just how my body reacted to the reverse tolerance? I have more kava coming in the mail which I am looking forward to. Keep trying... eventually your body will learn to work with the kava instead of against it.

@Deleted User01 I don't really recall it affecting my sleep too much, but I have a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, so that could be the reason I didn't have much of a sleep reaction. I also drank my kava in the late afternoon. Perhaps next time I'll try some closer to bedtime, and see what happens then.
I'm listening to you all and will follow your lead. I too felt the cup of instant hangover! What's funny is after the 3rd cup I felt good but like I said it was short lived.

Thank you, I'm listening and learning!

~Kava ♥ ~

D

Deleted User01

Jeez, does anyone here have a normal disorder. Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder? I think my son has that but its because he has wierd hours at work and at play. I think he does it to himself. How many days tell you felt the Kava. Kavapup, you could also be a "Lab Bunny" based on what you are saying.

karly

The fluffy pic.
Not good. The reason I say this is that the queen can be a monumental buzzkill. There's nothing quite like loud, or bright, or obnoxiously urgent, to just kill the buzz. This can create a grumpy reaction that is the opposite of intended. I've done wonders working with the queen on lighting (even if it means wearing shades), media consumption, and making sure I drink cultivars that aren't too "heavy."

Letting someone know that you're krunk, and you could be very nice to them or you could be very irritable, depending on how they honor the kava. If he gives you any flak, tell him you've converted to the John Frum Movement and if he doesn't step off you're going to leave the Frummist equivalent of Chick Tracts in the bathroom and ask him if he's received Philip as his Royal Prince and Cargomaster.

There are several videos to chose from, but here's one you can show him that's under 10 minutes and shows kava as a culturally acceptable norm.

Yeah you're probably right. He can research it and make his own decision, the thing is he will, most likely, find something wrong with it. Then again, when I put my foot down about the tattoo he came on board saying that I'm different and artsy and he said he knows that it'll mean something to me and that it's not just something I'm doing to be cool or to mark body up. He got it so I'll give him time to get this.

Thanks for the vid! :)

~Kava ♥ ~

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Perhaps you can make him read "Kava, the Pacific Elixir"? That tome goes over both the plant itself, as well as the historical and cultural contexts of kava drinking. It's about a 16-year-old book now, so the Kava Forum isn't in it.

Also remember, if you're American, kava is on your money.

kavapup

Kava Curious
How many days tell you felt the Kava. Kavapup, you could also be a "Lab Bunny" based on what you are saying.
I think it was about a week. I drank kava for a few days, took a day off, drank a couple of more days, took three days off. (visiting in-laws :bored: ) It was the day after I took three days off that I felt it the most. I ordered some instant about a week ago and haven't had any since then. I'm hoping reverse tolerance doesn't come back. :eek:

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Perhaps you can make him read "Kava, the Pacific Elixir"? That tome goes over both the plant itself, as well as the historical and cultural contexts of kava drinking. It's about a 16-year-old book now, so the Kava Forum isn't in it.

Also remember, if you're American, kava is on your money.
I just so happened to be watching the show "How do they do it" and it happened to be on how they made coins. Wouldn't you know it, they were showing how they made that exact quarter. I made kava in celebration.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm listening to you all and will follow your lead. I too felt the cup of instant hangover! What's funny is after the 3rd cup I felt good but like I said it was short lived.
I think you said you were using 11 year old waka from BKH. I use that all the time and it's pretty "Heady". Meaning there is a lot of Kavain (a certain kavalactone) in it. Kavain gives you a mental rush, but doesn't last very long. When you get into other kavas that are more "Heavy" you'll experience a more longer lasting body relaxation. I'm a kava day time drinker, so I prefer the "Heady" kava, even if it is short lived. It just means I consume more throughout the day if I want to maintain the effects. ::happyshell::

karly

The fluffy pic.
I think you said you were using 11 year old waka from BKH. I use that all the time and it's pretty "Heady". Meaning there is a lot of Kavain (a certain kavalactone) in it. Kavain gives you a mental rush, but doesn't last very long. When you get into other kavas that are more "Heavy" you'll experience a more longer lasting body relaxation. I'm a kava day time drinker, so I prefer the "Heady" kava, even if it is short lived. It just means I consume more throughout the day if I want to maintain the effects. ::happyshell::
Well not really knowing what to expect it's all a grand journey for me. I'm getting ready to mix up my Nambawan. I'm going to let it sit for 20 in the first wash, is that a good idea? I saw a vid where he did that. I also ate like 4oz. ribeye and a ton of mushrooms and bell pepper so I'm good to go, tummy is full.

What's funny... ummm... errrr............ scary is when I was sauteing the mushrooms with olive oil and garlic guess, just guess what it smelled like. *gasps* I love mushrooms and don't want to start disliking it coz it smells like musty ole Kava! Well, they tasted good!

Here goes! Weeeeee!

~Kava ♥ ~

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I have delayed sleep phase syndrome and I find it can help me go to bed earlier although the tradeoff is I have to get up to go to the bathroom once or more per night.