What's new

Flavor extracts in kava

Stonth

Kava Curious
I’m not 100% sure if I know what you mean, but if you are talking about stuff to put in the drink to make it taste better I highly recommend any lemon flavoring. Lemon juice and crystal light work, but lemonade mio is my favorite. It pretty much deletes the kava taste imo.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
has anyone used flavor extracts in kava. If so which?
In general sweet works the best to cover the bitterness of kava. Fruit juice, vanilla flavored coffee creamer, chocolate, MIO, lemonade flavors, ginger flavor, gatorade. I have tried a lot in my early days when I drank microgrind. Most of the time it just made an even nastier tasting grog. Since switching to aluball/tradional prep I don't mind the flavor so I dropped trying to mix stuff into my kava. If I have a particularly strong and bitter brew I like follow it up with some sweet fruit like cherries, pineapple, etc.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I’m not 100% sure if I know what you mean, but if you are talking about stuff to put in the drink to make it taste better I highly recommend any lemon flavoring. Lemon juice and crystal light work, but lemonade mio is my favorite. It pretty much deletes the kava taste imo.
Is there any danger of that breaking down the kavain?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If the taste bothers you, a chaser like ginger beer or a slice of pineapple are the best choices, imo. I drink the ginger beer because I love the taste as well but it will get rid of the aftertaste of kava.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
If the taste bothers you, a chaser like ginger beer or a slice of pineapple are the best choices, imo. I drink the ginger beer because I love the taste as well but it will get rid of the aftertaste of kava.
Love the ginger beer. I like fever tree, but there are several others that are good as well. It is a bit high in sugar for my liking but the ginger flavor is strong!