What's new

Former Benzo user new to Kava

Hey guys i am new here and actually just purchased some Bula kava house Co2 Kava Concentrate and am looking forward to trying it out to see if it helps with some of my PAWS symptoms i still have 2.5 years out from my 6 year klonopin use. Life is really rough now and im praying to god Kava can help and hopefully that research that it upreulates Gaba A will end up happening. I will let everyone know how my experience goes.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I love that stuff. What I get out of their CO2 extract is about 20 to 30 minutes of pleasurable, relaxing pleasure, with a minute or two or three of mild euphoria at the beginning. I don’t know if that will give you what you are looking for or not, but it should feel really really pleasant. Not a bad thing, in and of itself. Which kind did you get?

If you really enjoy it, it might lead you to explore kava further and try drinking traditional kava. That too is pleasurable, with a bunch of good side effects that might help you.

Anyway, looking forward to your accounts.

Summer

mercy triumphs over judgment
I took Klonopin for 6 years also and tapered off for a whole year, and have been completely free of it for over 3 years. I had horrible withdrawal and still have some minor issues here and there. Kava really helped me. It’s not perfect but it was the best herbal supplement that I found that actually made a difference for me. I hope you find one or two that work for you. Withdrawal was the worst time of my life, but it gets better.

I took Klonopin for 6 years also and tapered off for a whole year, and have been completely free of it for over 3 years. I had horrible withdrawal and still have some minor issues here and there. Kava really helped me. It’s not perfect but it was the best herbal supplement that I found that actually made a difference for me. I hope you find one or two that work for you. Withdrawal was the worst time of my life, but it gets better.
Does kava make your symptoms worse because it kind of acts of Gaba in some way? or does it not affect them negatively?